Partition magic 8.0

Thread: Partition magic 8.0

Partition magic 8.0

I downloaded Partition Magic 8.0 retail demo version. The website called it "free trial version". Only when I try to use it to resize a partition, a windows pops up that says, "this is an evaluation version (something like that), please contact [a phone #]". Does that mean this demo can't be used to do anything? Where can I find free PM 7.0 or 8.0?

allis2000

Straight from the Download site:

Partition Magic is a free-to-try type of program, also known as try-before-buy program, so don't forget to buy the full version for only $69.
    It is a "Try-Before-Buy". I am guessing, but that it is probably fully functional. But in order to fire that dude up, you'll have to provide some personal info via the tele and probably be redirected to another web site or receive a key.

Well I don't know if PM 7 or 8 is free anywhere. I use the hard core stuff for my partitioning. Fdisk and the Linux partitioning species that comes with the distro's.

PM does alot of things including a boot manager. Do you need all the characteristics of PM in one program or can you use two different ones?

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Hmm it seems that the Demo version wont let you resize. It seem that you will have to buy the program.

why not go with something like 'disk druid'. its been a while since ive used it and im sure there may be better free utils out there but it worked well for me
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

er0k
    or just get pm>=7 (you need 8 for harddrives over 80gb i think) off of a p2p server.. and if you need one i can get you a serial (give you mine)

Originally posted here by er0k
    or just get pm>=7 (you need 8 for harddrives over 80gb i think) off of a p2p server.. and if you need one i can get you a serial (give you mine)
    er0k? Since when do you promote software piracy?

Is this really something that should be posted in operating systems? It has to do with a peice of software not a OS.

Partition magic is just to DEMONSTRATE what it would look like, i was mad when that happened too, then i got the full one from www.phazeddl.com, anyway, a good program that comes with linux is "qtparted", and that might help
    +S4B3R