I'm sure most of you are aware of the +++ATH0 bug which causes many dial-up modems to reset. I figured this would be a simple and easy way to practice sending packets via Windows Sockets. I won't post all of the meat here, for the skiddies out there...but what I do have here would be usable by those with some sort of intelligence. This is done in VC++ 6.0 Pro:

Code:
char sendbuf[32] = "2b2b2b41544830"; //2b2b2b41544830 is HEX for +++ATH0
send(m_ath0, sendbuf, strlen(sendbuf), 0);
i was wondering if anyone knows that this would work, if sent to a dialup user. I don't know more than two people on dialup, and none are available any time soon. would it work like this... or only via 'ping'?
i dont see why this wouldnt work if sent to a particular IP. though I'm unsure if any port needs to be specified is I use Windows Sockets. can i specify any port in the source?

A_T

[/edit]
I am learning Windows Sockets so as to transmit data via the infrared port on my laptop. MSDN, and everything else says that I need to include a file called "af_irda.h" in my source in order to use IrDA in my program. This file is not on my machine(s), nor on the VC++ Pro CD. Why? And Where can I get it?
[edit]