Ntop - What's other tcp/udp protocols?

Thread: Ntop - What's other tcp/udp protocols?

Ntop - What's other tcp/udp protocols?

Hi,

I've a RedHat Linux box with gateway between internet and LAN, and i'd like to monitor the bandwidth usage. I installed ntop in gateway, and the reports show that 50% the traffic is other tcp/udp protocols.
    How to specific what is this protocols? I already using de protocols.list file.

Thanks by help

If you want to know what type of traffic you are passing, learn and use like tcpdump and ethereal.

Using the AO search or Google, you will net plenty of reading material on each.

Thanks by help. I need a tool that show me how much bandwidth of the internet link each protocol usage. I need to know how much http use, and how much ftp use, how much smtp use.....

try: iptraf

http://cebu.mozcom.com/riker/iptraf/

About IPTraf

IPTraf is a console-based network statistics utility for Linux. It gathers a variety of figures such as TCP connection packet and byte counts, interface statistics and activity indicators, TCP/UDP traffic breakdowns, and LAN station packet and byte counts.

Features

An IP traffic monitor that shows information on the IP traffic passing over your network. Includes TCP flag information, packet and byte counts, ICMP details, OSPF packet types.
    General and detailed interface statistics showing IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, non-IP and other IP packet counts, IP checksum errors, interface activity, packet size counts.
    A TCP and UDP service monitor showing counts of incoming and outgoing packets for common TCP and UDP application ports
    A LAN statistics module that discovers active hosts and shows statistics showing the data activity on them
    TCP, UDP, and other protocol display filters, allowing you to view only traffic you're interested in.
    Logging
    Supports Ethernet, FDDI, ISDN, SLIP, PPP, and loopback interface types.
    Utilizes the built-in raw socket interface of the Linux kernel, allowing it to be used over a wide range of supported network cards.
    Full-screen, menu-driven operation.

Protocols Recognized

IP
    TCP
    UDP
    ICMP
    IGMP
    IGP
    IGRP
    OSPF
    ARP
    RARP

Non-IP packets will simply be indicated as "Non-IP" and, on Ethernet LAN's, will be supplied with the appropriate Ethernet addresses.
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Hi ,

You might want to try and use Netasyst from Network associates, do a search for it , it will tell you all that you need.

MRG.