Blocking Access to Shortcut keys

Thread: Blocking Access to Shortcut keys

Blocking Access to Shortcut keys

We have a user here who is deleting their history. I went ahead and disabled their General Tab in IE through Group Policy but the user is using the Control + H and then manually deleting their history. Can we block the use of Control + H in Win2k?

OS: Win2k or XP (would like info on eithier) with IE 6 fully patched.

Googling right now.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    I know there is a way to do it in MS Office (see http://support.microsoft.com/default...309131&sd=tech ) but I'm still looking to see if something like that will work for IE.

I saw that knowledge base article. There does not seem to be a registry key like this one for IE. One machine is XP and one is 2000. Both with Office 2000.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

AO French Antique News Whore
    Did you check Local Group Policy?

1) Open gpedit.msc from the run. (This open the Local Group Policy that you can also by in a Windows Active Directory)
    2) Go under User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer.

You might find something there like disabling history toolbar or something else.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Originally posted here by SDK
    Did you check Local Group Policy?

1) Open gpedit.msc from the run. (This open the Local Group Policy that you can also by in a Windows Active Directory)
    2) Go under User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer.

You might find something there like disabling history toolbar or something else.
    SDK: I did already go ahead and check group policy. The problem is that I can disable the General tab (with Delete Cache and History) but the user can still hit control H and delete their history manually.

And user can get access to IE config menu by other ways too. There is a menu on IE 6 (show-> privacy report i think - my IE 6 is in portuguese). You can go to configuration menu thru there. We cant find a way to block those on GPO.
    But why u want to avoid that? for auditing purposes?

If you have a proxy, u can get the same info there.....
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Originally posted here by cacosapo
    But why u want to avoid that? for auditing purposes?
    If you have a proxy, u can get the same info there.....
    I understand. Everything is logged through an ISA Server before it gets to the net. Its mainly a management thing and they wanted to block the command. (And I am just trying to figure out how)