virus world record count

Thread: virus world record count

virus world record count

Hey folks,

I was recently cleaning up a crippled windows XP machine for a client and after hooking it up to the net and downloading new virus defs on it, I found 162 seperate virus infections. This is the most infected machine I've ever seen and I was a tad curious how this measures with the machines you all have seen.

--rasem

Regal Making Handler
    Cant say i can beat that but i have cleaned a box for a friend and the amount of spy/adaware they had was unbelievable. It was an xp box, everyone in the family had there own accounts. The funny thing is that they were all surfing pron. You had mom and daughters looking for well hung studs. Dad and son's looking for well developed young ladies. And a friend of mine who used to use their pc looking for some real wierd ****.

The realy funny thing is they all thought they were the only ones doing it.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

on a friends w98 machine i once found chuncks of HTML in ...\Run in the registry. 404 pages i think they were. i thought that was odd. the machine was also plagued with viruses. a reformat was the order of the day.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

That's quite a number of viruses. And the system didn't collapse after all that? Geez..
    Space For Rent.. =]

I've seen 811 infections. It was my own computer. Someone gave me a CD with viruses, I let em all lose and everything went to shits.

That is a lot.... the i most i have personaly was 37 i think...
    I seen a pic of some one that has 691 viruses... here it is.... check this out!

I have seen infections in the hundreds way back when people wrote file infectors. I suppose the potential was that every .com and .exe file could be infected.

Recently, the most I have seen was 106, but they were mostly spyware/adware, and only 4 or 5 were virus/trojan/worms. It was a small hotel, and they were using Outlook Express with message preview turned ON This resulted in all junk mail being read by default, and that is where most of them seemed to have come from.

I think that 7 is the most DIFFERENT infections that I have seen on one machine.

I have had the same experiences as Spyder32, the machine usually chokes and dies when you get that many.

If you are dealing with a situation where you know they will be browsing pr0n, I usually switch off the java caching, as that is where the ByteVerifyer trojan likes to go and hide. I have seen over 40 instances of that and its variants on a single machine.

Personally the most ive ever had was well like 1. And it was that damn blaster worm the day it came out. I was pi$$ed LOL

The best one I have ever seen was the love bug when it hit our photo server and replaced all 200000 pictures !