Thread: Need a corporate adware solution.

Need a corporate adware solution.

Hey guys and gals,
    I need help locating a program to detect/destroy spyware on an large scale. I am looking for something with active scanning, like anti viru programs do now, and all on demand indebt scans as well as central adminitration abilities. Any help would be great. thanks in advance
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

AO French Antique News Whore
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=259879

Not what you want but could help you at short term. Basically, you can run ad-aware from a Network share!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    How about something that stops the spyware/adware before it reaches the user: WebSense Application/Device
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

websense is good, but I need something that can give our employess free range to view whatever webpages they want. that is why I am looking for something that can detect and destroy rather then prevent. it sucks but it is what I have to find. adaware is what we are currently using, we have the licensed version but it doesnt have active scanning, so we have to run in manually and often. thanks for the links guys, Ill keep looking and in the mean time ill try and convince the administrators that the employees dont need to view ALL web pages.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

www.spysweeper.com 29.95 per machine. I've never seen any adware/spyware get past it.

Take a look.

peace
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by XTC46
    websense is good, but I need something that can give our employess free range to view whatever webpages they want. that is why I am looking for something that can detect and destroy rather then prevent. it sucks but it is what I have to find. adaware is what we are currently using, we have the licensed version but it doesnt have active scanning, so we have to run in manually and often. thanks for the links guys, Ill keep looking and in the mean time ill try and convince the administrators that the employees dont need to view ALL web pages.
    Hmm...I would recommend rethinking this approach. It sounds too administrative heavy and would (or is) burying you and your IT staff.

Why wouldn't you use WebSense to block JUST the spyware sites and known malicious code? Why would any of your users want that code? Not to mention that some spyware is practically impossible to remove and forces you to redeploy the machine.

My company will be taking a serious look at this product as a way to block the web-based malware (spyware, adware, viruses, etc). Take a look at the CAM module in WebSense...I think that's the name of it.

Another method would be to block the known spyware site IP addresses at the firewall. What sucks is you have to manually update it daily but there are people out there http://www.webhelper4u.com/thewatcherlist.html who maintain these lists.

Keep us posted what solution you decide to implement.
    Regards

Just Another Geek
    How many workstations are you trying to protect?

I agree with MsM and ric-o prevention is better. It'll save you lots of work.
    Invest in a good proxy server with content scanning capabilities.

There are alot of 'complete' products out there. Not only can these protect your browsing users from being infected with spyware/adware/viruses they can also be used to scan your email traffic for the same kind of malware. It'll make your whole network safer and still retain your users' "freedom" to surf to whatever site they want.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.