Doom 3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doom 3

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Talking Doom 3

WOOHAAAAAAA! FORGET SECURITY! OPEN ALL YOUR PORTS!

Doom 3 got released today into the EB stores and some Best Buy stores stayed open till midnight to sell it at 00:01, hehe...

Biggest game of 2004 so far...with HL2 supposedly being "hacked" internally and everything else delayed. Of course, if you pay attention to a lot of these articles that question whether or not "Doom 3 will revitalize the PC gaming market", you'll have to laugh when you read about those that state that the PC gaming market hasn't had a "major hit since The Sims in 2000".

R O F-ing L! The Sims, are you KIDDING ME?! Major hit to housewives that don't work and teeny bopper girls who still surround themselves on their frilly bed with stuffed animals, hehe....

Bring on the pain, I'm also waiting for Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (used to be Stalker: Oblivion Lost, don't know why the name changed), HL2 (of course), and Knights of the Temple (talk about your hack-n-slay, woohaaaaaaa, limbs, heads, and arms going everywhere, woot!).

Currently playing Ground Control 2 (RTTS is better than RTS in some areas), WC3:FT (only RTS, Rise of Nations and that other one were too similar for my liking, C&C Generals w/ Zero Hour was pretty fun though). Aura: Fate of Ages for the puzzles (doing Omega Stone in parallel) although nothing beats 7th Guest and 11th Hour as far as puzzles go, Safecracker did pretty good. Oh yeah, how can I forget Warlords Battlecry 3, that was pretty good too, chaotic madness! Painkiller, Breed, and a few other random FPS' here and there...

Yeah, can't wait till these others come out, but before then, I'll have my ATI X800 Platinum, woohooo....the 9800 XT Ultra does a great job right now though!

PS - World of Warcraft official beta tester...yeah, console games are for the weak, hehe...and no, I don't have a console of any kind, and never will...take a back seat, oh lovers of snapshot technology! (all in good humor, I'd never play a sports, racing, or fighting game on a PC).
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Its interesting that they created a game that will not allow you to play it on the highest settings unless you have a graphics card that is not even out yet. How do they test that?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    That is a good question...although I'm fairly sure they wouldn't be able to test against retail drivers and hardware...

That's what I don't like about all these "tests" they do...nothing tests like real world application and we, as consumers, definitely don't get to bench with the best of the best...

I mean, hell, I'm up there as far as hardware bleeding edge is concerned, but I'm behind the curve with sites like Tom's hardware, etc...hehehe...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Do they have a columbine.wad?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Why do I get the feeling that Carnivore has just lit up because of rcgreen's post?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

If they call you to testify, you'll tell 'em I was kidding, right?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Well, I can definitely hope there's nothing remotely related to "that" event and Doom 3. I doubt it, and even so, IMHO, that doesn't bother me that Doom was found on their machines, it's the fact they had maps made like their school...that's the scary part.

Besides, we're here to talk about gaming, and I definitely didn't start this thread to get a flame-war going, hehe...

And did you know that Doom 3 MP only supports 4 players right now?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhh. Ya. Sure.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

me and a bunch of friends designed a map of one of our buildings, which is where the caffeteria was located as well for Counter-Strike. It was a very cool thing to do, but a boring map though .

Anyways, I think HL2 and CS -source is going to blow doom away. Doom 3 looks OK, but it doesn't even compare to the graphic engine and special effects of HL2. I don't see much difference between Quake 3 and Doom 3....

albn
    Doom 3. I saw it on TV today. Looks pretty good. Hopefully it will work on my card.