Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kerry's Master Plan

Kerry's Master Plan

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ess/index.html
    BELOIT, Wisconsin (CNN) -- Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry said Tuesday he would hold news conferences at least once a month if elected in November.

"I don't have anything to hide," he declared.

Kerry's pledge drew applause from supporters at a rally in Beloit, about 75 miles southwest of Milwaukee, as he promised to "stand up and tell the truth to the American people."

"I want America to know what I'm doing," he said. "I want you to know what I'm fighting for. I want you to ask me questions."
    I guess that John Kerry will tell the Nation, on a monthly basis if elected, that he has more SECRET plans that he can't tell anyone about unless he is elected a second time.

If Kerry has nothing to hide, then why are his Iraq and Economic Plans SECRET? Hmmmmmm?
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Banned
    Because he's not president yet?
    "If elected...."

And most of those "secrets" are in "Our plan for America"... pick up your free copy at johnkerry.com

Why doesn't he speak about them?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

No, he said he wouldn't hold news conferences "if" elected. He said he had nothing to hid with no "if elected" attached. So back to the question, what about those secrets Spy mentioned?

Flippity floppity flippity floppity...

Oh lordy.. Neg basically said it (and so did John Kerry actually if you properly read and understood what he said ). He's not elected yet (and he said if) and the secret's he is refering to are (like he said) in his "plans for America". Sorry, I'm pro-Kerry all the way.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    Kerry let me in on his secrets...

Economic plan (summarized):

- New incentives to revitalize manufacturing
    - Investments in technology and innovation that will create the good-paying jobs of the future
    - Close tax loopholes that reward companies for shipping jobs overseas
    - Reward companies that create and keep good paying jobs in the US
    - Trade and compete in the world
    - Cut the deficit in half in four years by ending tax giveaways
    - Cut middle class taxes
    - Reduce tax burden on small business
    - Roll back the tax cuts for the wealthiest individuals (over $200,000 a year) to invest in job creation, health care and education
    - Energy plan: invest in new technologies and alternative fuels and the cars of the future

"Iraq" plans (summarized):

- Bring our allies to our side and share the burden, reduce the cost to American taxpayers, and reduce the risk to American soldiers
    - Rebuild our alliances
    - Add 40,000 active duty troops
    - Double special forces
    - Newest weapons and technology
    - End the backdoor draft of National Guard and reservists
    - Lead a global effort against nuclear proliferation
    - National security begins with homeland security
    - Implement the recommendations of the 9/11 commission

"Our plan for America" is pretty detailed for a pre-election statement on both subjects.

What Kerry said:

I don't have anything to hide. I want America to know what I'm doing. I want you to know what I'm fighting for. I want you to ask me questions.
    IF elected. He WOULD hold a news conference (a reference to Bush's press conference record - the lowest ever) every month IF elected.

It's not that difficult, you know

John Kerry's plan for America reads like Bush's actions in the Whitehouse. Except helping the poor who eat at Wendy's and order Chili.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Banned
    Doesn't matter how it reads (for this discussion, that is)... It reads, and it reads about economy and military. Kerry said he'd hold a press conference every month if elected, so the premisses of this discussion ("says he's got nothing to hide, but is hiding economic and military plans") is wrong to begin with.
    Even if he'd keep everything secret until he gets elected, there's nothing wrong with what he said. That's what if-statements are for...

Well at least he would hold press confrences instead of spending 27% of his time on vacation and only giving tame journalists access like bush has. (google is your friend if you dispute the 27% )
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Well that settles it, holding press conferences every month is the greatest issue of my time. I was refering to the finer detail points on Kerry's site. Fore instance if you break down national defense. I would say, ok we have that already. Now what? Or I could make a point to say that his actions in the senate and pre 9/11 commision oppose some things. But I'll just post them instead.

Track and Stop Terrorists
    Protect our Borders and Shores
    Harden Vulnerable Targets
    Improve Domestic Intelligence
    Guard Liberty at home

Read like hard line Republicans. Good the democrats finally get it.

So this entire thread was just about the status of a term "if elected"? Just joking.
    West of House