college...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: college...

Question college...

i am a senior in high school and im starting to look for colleges. i want to go into the computer security field (preferably network security). i was wondering what yall think would be a good school. im thinking about majoring in computer science and minoring in criminal justice; that way giving me some law/criminal background.
    ==Cyber-pirate==

Location? Cost?

How about MIT, that's a good school.

And this ain't a security question, this should be in General Chit Chat, boyo.

*thread moved*.... Damn, I still don't have moderator powers... Damn.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    What type of grades did you get in HS? If you got really really good grads try berkeley or MIT. mwuahahaha

Otherwise it depends on where your trying to go to school. To be honest, most schools BA program for Comp Sci are very similiar. If you are going Comp Sci you might want to not go with Criminal Justice as your minor.

Are you good at math? If not **** Comp Sci.

The reason you might not want Criminal Justice as your minor is because if you want to do a grad program. Most Grad schools want you to have a minor in math.

i got good grades in hs and im pretty good at math. i live in TX but im willing to go to school anywhere in the US. Thanx for the help (past, present and future)
    ==Cyber-pirate==

why don't you introduce yourself first. Also contact your guidance councelor as she might have a more up to date information. My personal suggestion: Come to the East Coast. THere's plenty of good technical schools here.

Georgia Tech is extremely good.... I'm going to Ga State which is literally right across the street, as both are in downtown Atlanta.

If you are going Comp Sci you might want to not go with Criminal Justice as your minor.
    That's exactly what I am doing.... if you happen to want to go into computer forensics, or work for any police department or law office, a minor in criminal justice is going to put you ahead of the next guy. (IMHO)

Unless I get really ambitious and go for a double-major, but I don't see it happening at this point.

That's just my 2 cents. Your mileage may vary.

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    You might want to look at Northeastern University. http://www.northeastern.edu

Kind of pricy, but it has a very good Computer Science program, and one of the top Criminal Justice programs in the country.
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

for a cheaper alternative you can go to Wentworth Institute of Technology. www.WIT.edu

Depending on your knowledge and grades in HS and also your financial status.
    But i have personally heard very great of WTC. And my cousin is at FT right now those aree some real great colleges that i have heard of.