Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ssh in windows?

ssh in windows?

Can you ssh in windows?
    Romans 7:14-20
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Yes, look into using the Cygwin package:

http://tech.erdelynet.com/cygwin-sshd.html

Edit:
    Or do you mean just a client? I use Putty http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

IN or OUT or BOTH?

There are ssh daemons and clients for windows a plenty.

Google will net many many choices.

For clients I use PUTTY and SecureCRT

Dont know which windows ssh daemon is best..

The also have OpenSSH clients/servers if you go the cygwin route.
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

If you're looking for a client. Try PuTTy. That's my favorite.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Putty rocks!

Hey, here's one better. Get WinSCP and you can transfer filez from Win32 to your remote SSH host.

http://winscp.sourceforge.net/eng/
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

i used to use putty when i was working for an ISP. We have all Unix machines. I was thinking about using ssh now but we are on an entire Windowns network.
    So i am not just talking about the client. can anyone give me the advantages vs disadvatages of using it on windows?
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    My Cygwin link above is about getting the server end working.

Originally posted here by Irongeek
    My Cygwin link above is about getting the server end working.
    ty

the only problem with cygwin is that unless you install it in root (c:\) you will not have access to all of your folders (and you still won't always have access to all of your drives unless you do a "cd \\cygdrive\[driveletter]\" iirc) furthermore cygwin ssh will not allow you to have complete control over your windows services and other similar "windows" processes
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM