Space in Location:

Thread: Space in Location:

King Tutorial-ankhamun

Space in Location:

Hi, I was wondering why there is a space automatically put into some of our Location: information below our avatars. In my profile I have is written out as Louisville KY Area but when its printed below my avatar it says Location: Louisvil le Ky Area. I know AngelicKnight has something similar happening because his location is listed as Cybertro n instead of Cybertron. Any ideas?

It looks like it's justification. That can cause spaces to go into the wrong places so that each line fills up all of it's space. Same thing happens in Word documents if you use that justification...can't remember which though, I think it's center justification.

That is pretty weird...Irongeek I came across your website a Looooong time ago when I first got my Zaurus. Great site, and very informative!
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

That is a solution JP coded about a year ago when people would put something like:

sadlkjflxcjvklfjlfgfjsflkgjfdsljfgjcvbjxnbjdfjglkjbjdfoiudfoiguovbudfasdfljhxcivhjsdhruierygiufdygjewrhiugyfuvghdjkghdifugysdkuhgewryiuygiupweyuisdfyiweyrpufgvlfgjkscgvhcxgkvgsdmncxmbvxcnm

into the location field. As you can see, it even adds spaces to that huge text. Anyways, with such a long location filed that doesn't have spaces, it messed up the table structure of the forums and made it much harder to read. With the spaces, the long things break onto the next line like they should. But it also splits them up into like 8 character chunks, which is what you are seeing.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Thanks for the explanation.