Thread: MSN Web Messenger

AO French Antique News Whore

MSN Web Messenger

A lot of system administrator block the installation of MSN Messenger (You need admin right to install it luckily) and remove Windows Messenger from XP. But today, Microsoft release in beta the MSN Web Messenger!! You haven't had to install any more programs to connect to MSN. User will be able to chat from anywhere, all the time with just a web brower!!! (Including at work!!)

MSN Web Messenger lets you talk online and in real-time with friends and family using just a web browser! Use it on any shared computer - at school, at work, at a friend's house or anywhere you can't install the MSN Messenger software.
    Check it out at http://webmessenger.msn.com and get ready to block this url from your corporate network.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

This should be nice at school. In our ToS for school they say you can do anything allowed with all programs installed, but you can't install any, and you can't go around the filters, so this will keep me from breaking rules installing msn.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

My school blocks the Microsoft .net passport login page. I can't check email or use messenger. This is a cool way to chat, but I don't think it will help my situation.

Yahoo had it a few years ago and it worked to bypass alot of controls. I block the messenger executable through GPO. This might suck.

//EDIT for now you can block webmessenger.msn.com
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Haha! our school doesnt let us install anything...they also disabled the XP messenger...lol now i cant chat at school! lol but it doesnt really help me out a lot lol cause if im at school then everyone on my list is at school lol and if a teacher saw they'll be gay
    lol but cool!

"MSN Web Messenger lets you talk online and in real-time with friends and family using just a web browser! Use it on any shared computer - at school, at work, at a friend's house or anywhere you can't install the MSN Messenger software."

man these guys dont give a **** for anything as long as the can make an advertising buck. i can see it now...im not home her sister comes over with the kids. the **** head goes on my computer clicks on a link and i get hit with some 0day downloader from hell

hey kids, this is great! now you can screw up computers no matter where you go!

i think id better use it just to add their server names in the hosts file
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

if everybody uses the same referrer :

http://webmessenger.msn.com/default.aspx

that would sure make life easy
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”