Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rootkits and windows

Regal Making Handler
    Thanks MsM.

I just had to nip off to google to find out what a br tag was
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I occasionally boot my linux systems from a Knoppix CD and run chkrootkit over my hard drive to look for rootkits. Is there a similar product for windows systems?
    The question that was asked.. IS there a LIVE CD that will have the tools LIKE a Knoppix Live CD to scann a Windows box for MALWARE..

Yes and no.. I understand some use Knoppix in a similar way on windaz..(haven't followed up on this), With "for windows" stuff, mainly pay for, boot cd's like Hirens Boot CD.. or like I am attempting to do build a XP Live cd aka BartPE and place the tools you neeed on there

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

You don't have to worry about rootkits unless you have a server or something important on your PC.
    Errr, sorry bout' that one. I don't know what I was thinking when I put it.
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. -- Jack Handey