Firefox as default
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox as default

Firefox as default

Hey, I'm trying to set mozilla's firefox as my default browser (to take the place of MSN). How do I set it up to dial out, etc. right now all i've done is install it, but i want to know how to set up accounts and use it instead of MSN ('cause it sucks). any help would be wonderful. thanks

-=[the]Punisher=-
    \"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.\" - V

your asking how to set firefox as your defult browser right?
    whats your windows version?

-S3nate

Start Firefox and wait for it to load. Then go to 'Tools' and under 'Options' you will find the place you need to change it to your default browser. It is the 4th option down under the 'General' tab.

[Edit] And just what does his version of windows have to do with setting Firefox as a default browser? [/Edit]
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

How do I set it up to dial out,
    You're still gonna have to dal-ouy (go online) with MSN, if thats your ISP, nobody forces you to use their broswer though. !

Originally posted here by Enkrypt This
    You're still gonna have to dal-ouy (go online) with MSN, if thats your ISP, nobody forces you to use their broswer though. !
    Not really.....if you have your properties set to always dial a connection and to automatically connect, when ever you start any browser even firefox, it will automatically dial out.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

BANNED
    I think he was asking what Windows version because in XP you can just go to Set Program access and defaults in the start menu.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Not really.....if you have your properties set to always dial a connection and to automatically connect, when ever you start any browser even firefox, it will automatically dial out.
    Won't MSN still have to be run, automaticly or not ?

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I found that running firefox as default browser slows down my computer greatly. After I set my default browser back to IE, it was fine, and I have a fairly new computer, only a year old...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Hm, My FireFox is only slow when i open the first broswer window. after that every windows opens as fast as IE, no problems with the CPU speed though ! Are you using any themes etc ? That can slow down your computer since it's using more memory !

Originally posted here by Enkrypt This
    Won't MSN still have to be run, automaticly or not ?
    You might be using MSN as you ISP, but you don't have to use IE to make use of it.
    I have been on broadband for a while, but when I did use dialup (it was a small local ISP) my start page (like it is now ) was Antionline. When I clicked on what ever browser I wanted, I automatically dialed out and connected. The browser (usually Firefox / Firebird at that time) would load my start page and I would never see the ISP's home page at all.
    Author Unknown