Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox as default

You might be using MSN as you ISP, but you don't have to use IE to make use of it.
    I have been on broadband for a while, but when I did use dialup (it was a small local ISP) my start page (like it is now ) was Antionline. When I clicked on what ever browser I wanted, I automatically dialed out and connected. The browser (usually Firefox / Firebird at that time) would load my start page and I would never see the ISP's home page at all.
    Yeah i know that, but isn't MSN a seperate program/software (like when you run AOL, you see the AOL's GUI, but you dont have to use their broswer, i used FireFox when i had AOL too. Im just saying, if he aksed if he can configre FireFox to dial-out and be online.

How do I set it up to dial out, etc.
    it's not possible i think, he still would have to run the msn software, then when he's online, he sure can use any broswer he has and change his homepage to whatever he wants to !

I think he got confused and thought Firefox was like MSN and was an ISP. Not sure though, but regardless take the advice given and you'll have it set as your default browser. The funny thing is though, is that on installation (for me) it asked if I wanted to set it as my default browser. Hrmm..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Originally posted here by moxnix
    Start Firefox and wait for it to load. Then go to 'Tools' and under 'Options' you will find the place you need to change it to your default browser. It is the 4th option down under the 'General' tab.

[Edit] And just what does his version of windows have to do with setting Firefox as a default browser? [/Edit]
    I asked because in windows 2000 you just have to go to your control panel then add/remove programs then on the right there is a icon that says Set program access and defualts, so yea and same with windows XP. But they should also auto detect, if you aready have IE installed and then installed firefox, a window should pop up when you use firefox and it asks you if you want to set firefox to defualt.

-S3nate

Thumbs up Version 0.9.3

Originally posted here by Enkrypt This
    Hm, My FireFox is only slow when i open the first broswer window. after that every windows opens as fast as IE, no problems with the CPU speed though ! Are you using any themes etc ? That can slow down your computer since it's using more memory !
    Had that problem with Version 0.8, 0.9.3 appears to solve it and it's way faster than IE on a 56k dialup connection.