Thread: Connection problems...

AFLAAACKKK!!

Unhappy Connection problems...

Recently I was bombarded with well over 200 things of spyware by accidently clicking "yes" to a popup in IE, since then it took me hours to clean up all the spyware. I have now switched to firefox. I have recently been having problems with my internet connection. When I get home from work I get on my laptop and the internet works fine for like the first 20 minutes. Then there is no connection. After I restart my laptop the connection works fine for the rest of the night. My laptop is connected wirelessly to a router. I also have a PC connected to the router but not wirelessly, and my PC doesn't seem to have the same problem I have. This problem of mine has been occuring now for the past week... WHY???

Thanks in advance ...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

I have recently been having problems with my internet connection.
    I don't think that has anything to do with spyware. But be sure to watch what progs you are using that uses the internet. Firefox sometimes gets a little picky, but it shouldn't ever affect your connection. Almost all spyware is made for IE and I have noticed that connections get bogged when you get infected with malware and then switch to a different browser, those malware things don't know what to do when they don't have IE to help them. Try disconnecting your modem for a few moments and watch how many programs crash.
    I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex. -- Jack Handey

mungyun: While you are right, spyware can/does slow down your system. However he said he cleaned them all (but are you sure?) so that could rule that out. The switch to firefox will help and so should disconnecting/reconnecting the modem.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Could you post what router you have and what wireless card you use in your laptop.

Have you had this problem since you clicked yes in that pop up or since you started using firefox?

You just gotta think back, if the problem started when you downloaded all that spyware, then the problem proberbly lies there and you didnt remove all of it.

If it started when you installed firefox, it proberbly isnt configured properly.

Let us know when it started!

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I have a 2wire router and pc card. I have spybot search and detroy, adaware, avast! AV, CWshredder. They say there is nothing on my comp. They are all updated and everything. I don't think it's firefox that is misconfigured because when this happens, firefox doens't work and neither does IE or mIRC or any of my multiplayer online games. Come to think of it, I did download mIRC around the same time I downloaded firefox...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

well i searched on the internet for you and i found this

http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1080251780.html

Seems to be something with "Zero Configuration".
    it's maybe not the same problem but it might help you.
    good luck

Hi,

It might not be with the Wireless zero config, that is a service that has to be started if at all you need to use wireless, Both Win 2k and Xp have that service, the problem i feel is with the wireless , you don't need to restart the machine after the you are disconnected, just click on view available wireless networks in the task bar and select the SSID and click ok, Also if you have WEP then enter the WEP key, and it should connect,

also don't use cahnnel nos like 6, they might cause interference with the normal telephone lines, use some thing like 9 or 11,

Hope this helps.

MRG.