Thread: linux drivers

linux drivers

i just got a new hard drive and put linux on it and i have downloaded the driver i need to use my linksys ubs network adapter but i am very new to linux so i do not know how to in stall the new driver how would i do that.

Under redhat:

http://www.linksys.com/support/suppo...id=25#underhat

Other distributions:

http://www.linksys.com/support/suppo...d=25#otherdist

always check the manufacturers website for support first !

It would help if you let us know what distro of linux.

I am using fedora, it is the latest beta verision of red hat i got it out of a linuxuser mag i am using it to start because it comes with a bunch of other open programs.

It probably is a tar/zipped archive ie foo.tgz , with almost all software and such you will need to uncompress it ie tar xvfz foo.tgz then go into the directory created and read the file called install, readme or something obvious like that. Then follow the instructions given, something like this probably ./configure && make && make install (the install will need to be done as root for most things ) just follow the instructions and if something goes wrong try again, as the world won't end and you will learn something
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Ok thanks.