Thread: Question regarding forced change of IE startpage.

Question regarding forced change of IE startpage.

Please forgive my noobishness, but I have had a recurring problem with some sort of adware/spyware program constantly changing my IE startpage to a an ad-infested hellhole. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to offer any advice. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Death to all carbon based life-forms.

HijackThis, a general homepage hijackers detector and remover.

Initially based on the article Hijacked!, but expanded with almost a dozen other checks against hijacker tricks. It is continually updated to detect and remove new hijacks.
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/...10-17-69.shtml

Download, run, fixed ( hope so )

BANNED
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

HijackThis, a general homepage hijackers detector and remover.
    Download, run, fixed
    First MemorY the Link you gave is not working.......i guess there some issue with the long URL's

HijackThis is a good Tool .........but it is very dangerous too ...........dangerous when you don't know what you are doing............IMHO it should be the last resort not the first..........there are a various Automated Adware/spyware tools avalable that can do the trick

Download Ad-Aware/Spybot.....Update it and scan.

Then do the same in Safe Mode.

Download CWShredder.exe.......Run it and see if the problem is still there .

IF the problem presists........Run the HijackThis and post the Log here or show it to someone who knows what to look for in it.............Don't delete anything yourself......until you know what you are doing.

--Good Luck--

Just quit using IE and switch to Mozilla Firefox. No adware/spyware and besides the custom apps made by MSI, I haven't found anything it doesn't work with.

www.mozilla.org

peace
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

HijackThis is a good Tool .........but it is very dangerous too ...........dangerous when you don't know what you are doing............
    Sorry, im tired and wasn't sure if that was the "dangerous" tool to use, i though it was another tool named similar to HijackThis. Sorry again

btw: Url works fine for me, it's not that long of an URL anyways !

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

oo Come on KorpDeath that was supposed to be out little secret .......... at this rate you will make everyone use firefox and it will get popular and then people will start to target Firefox with all those Adware/Spywares and Popups and then we would have to go back to using IE which would be obsolete and no one would have been using it and no Spyware /adware and popups there.......i don't want to use IE again Korp pleaseeeeee....

Sorry, im tired and wasn't sure if that was the "dangerous" tool to use, i though it was another tool named similar to HijackThis. Sorry again

btw: Url works fine for me, it's not that long of an URL anyways !
    You mean you were not Suggesting using HijackThis ......i though it was HijackThis ......you mean to say the link you gave is something similar to HijackThis but does the job Automatecally...can you paste the link again please.........and i have tried opening the URL you gave on FireFox and IE both no luck ..is it just me .......or everybody having the same problem

--Good Luck--

You mean you were not Suggesting using HijackThis ......i though it was HijackThis ......you mean to say the link you gave is something similar to HijackThis but does the job Automatecally...can you paste the link again please.........and i have tried opening the URL you gave on FireFox and IE both no luck ..is it just me .......or everybody having the same problem
    No i was suggesting it, but i didnt know it was that program, i would have suggested ad-aware and spybot first too, but i though this was another program that just removes the spyware.

Code:
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/17/10-17-69.shtml