Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlantis has been found!

Banned

Atlantis has been found!

Atlantis has been found, but how dissapointing... it's actually just Ireland

Reuters

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Atlantis, the legendary island nation over whose existence controversy has raged for thousands of years, was actually Ireland, according to a new theory by a Swedish scientist.

Atlantis, the Greek philosopher Plato wrote in 360 BC, was an island in the Atlantic Ocean where an advanced civilization developed some 11,500 years ago until it was hit by a cataclysmic natural disaster and sank beneath the waves.

Geographer Ulf Erlingsson, whose book explaining his theory will be published next month, says the measurements, geography, and landscape of Atlantis as described by Plato match Ireland almost exactly.

"I am amazed no one has come up with this before, it's incredible," he told Reuters.

"Just like Atlantis, Ireland is 300 miles long, 200 miles wide, and widest across the middle. They both have a central plain surrounded by mountains.

Yeah, saw that on Yahoo! New's yesterday. Was kinda disappointed too (haha val). The only grife I have with it is he doesn't seem to ACTUALLY prove his theory, he just mention's a few similiarities.
    Space For Rent.. =]

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    At least Ennis can have another excuse to party

And as for proof: kind of hard to validate, when it's 11500 years ago, and we are still not certain of the Sphinx's origions, anything between 4 and 7 thousand years old??????
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Originally posted here by foxyloxley
    At least Ennis can have another excuse to party
    Heh knowing ennis he will have a party reguardless if he has a reason or not.
    eventually someone will find all the answers to the sphinx and if Atlantis was truly found.

how sad! no crystal technology, no genetic enginnering...just beer
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

...and it wasn't a natural disaster that overtook them, it was the
    invention of alcohol.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Honestly, how can anyone in 350 BC know that something existed 11 thousand years in the past? I was attracted to the headline though. Thanks Negative! The Atlantians must have used a particle beam to project information in a Greek's skull before they perished. A message projected through time detailing their existance.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

So that leaves only one question...How'd they get Ireland back out from under the ocean?

Banned
    All Hail the Mighty Atlantisonians, true lords of the earth and superior beings to all others on this meagre 'planet'.

Money into my PayPal account or all dissenters will be crushed.

How'd they get Ireland back out from under the ocean?
    All the empty beer kegs?
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn