Changed title. Also, I wasn't really sure where to put this post, please move it if it fits elsewhere better.

Windows XP home, sp1 udated. Norton 2003 security suite.
Problem, just recently Norton expired again. Excpet this time it looks as if it killed itself. It no longer loads on boot, auto protect is off, and the firewall is all disabled. Except when I try to re enable it, it just goes hourglass on me. No action is taken at all. I am able to run the AV scan.

Also unrelated or not. Example; Bid and won an item on ebay, yet when I try and follow the check out "pay now" IE won't open the page. It follows the referal but gives me the cannot find page. I know first things first stop using IE. Doesn't help, tried a few others w/no luck.

I have the same result when I try to log into my Mastercard, Visa, and online banking accounts. Any idea's? I considered a system restore but it failed. I am going to go run SFC. At this point I am just guessing. I have tried alot of things. All the basic trouble shooting stuff.

Just to ease a few, I am not picking up anything strange from active ports either. Anyhelp is greatly appreciated.