Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: written a password generator, get it here

I definetly would use it. I think it's great.
    The only change I would make is that after you have created a password, you have the option of making another one, or quitting.
    Thanks!
    done!

A quick hexedit of the proggie reveals someone has been playing with VB. A few extra quicky security tests and it appears you have been thorough in guarding against unexpected input. Nice work.
    well actually it is written in C, but yes i did my best to validate the input

thanks for all the great response guys!!
    i've changed the program to ask if you wish to generate another password, and the result is attached.

also added the GPL licence to it. now only problem is distributing it (i don't have a website) so if you guys like the program, please put it on your website....

the attachement contains:

PWgen.exe --> executable
    PWgen.c -->Source
    License.txt -->GPL license

p.s., you can compile it pretty easy on linux too, only thing needed to do perhaps is change the "getch()" function to "getchar()", for the rest it should be able to run

[edit]attachment has been altered, see post below[/edit]

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Ahhh, I looked at maybe two commands which also happen to work in VB.

Anyway, still a nice little proggie.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Just a suggestion, which may or may not be redundant:

If I'm trying to create a password less than 8 characters long, the proggie should ask display something like "Password only 'x' characters long. I would advise a minimum of 8 characters for the above gradations to apply" or something along those lines.

Because currently, I skipped reading the "gradations apply" sentence the first few times I tried the program.

Just an idea. Cheers!
    I blame you cos my mind is not my own, so don't blame me if I trespass in your zone!

Ahhh, I looked at maybe two commands which also happen to work in VB.

Anyway, still a nice little proggie.
    i wouldn't know, i haven't used VB before
    but i'm glad you like it..

Just a suggestion, which may or may not be redundant:

If I'm trying to create a password less than 8 characters long, the proggie should ask display something like "Password only 'x' characters long. I would advise a minimum of 8 characters for the above gradations to apply" or something along those lines.

Because currently, I skipped reading the "gradations apply" sentence the first few times I tried the program.

Just an idea. Cheers!
    Done, the download is altered, now the "gradations" only get displayed when the password is lesser then 8 characters...

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Thread closed at request of lepricaun. Look for new updated thread later.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage