Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I just found out I was a Libertarian

I just found out I was a Libertarian

I've always wondered what political party I got along with. Democrats and Republicans both pissed me off in one way or another, and I found a little test online that would ask you some questions, and then give you an idea of where you probably stand.

After reading more into the Libertarian party, I realised I agreed with just about everything I've read so far.

http://www.lp.org/lp-blue-ribbon.html

After reading that, I think everyone here would agree with them.

http://www.lp.org/quiz/

That is the quiz where you can find out a bit more about it.

http://www.lp.org/issues/lp-oss.html

Step 2. End Prohibition

Drug prohibition does more to make Americans unsafe than any other factor. Just as alcohol prohibition gave us Al Capone and the mafia, drug prohibition has given us the Crips, the Bloods and drive-by shootings. Consider the historical evidence: America's murder rate rose nearly 70% during alcohol prohibition, but returned to its previous levels after prohibition ended. Now, since the War on Drugs began, America's murder rates have doubled. The cause/effect relationship is clear. Prohibition is putting innocent lives at risk.

What's more, drug prohibition also inflates the cost of drugs, leading users to steal to support their high priced habits. It is estimated that drug addicts commit 25% of all auto thefts, 40% of robberies and assaults, and 50% of burglaries and larcenies. Prohibition puts your property at risk. Finally, nearly one half of all police resources are devoted to stopping drug trafficking, instead of preventing violent crime. The bottom line? By ending drug prohibition Libertarians would double the resources available for crime prevention, and significantly reduce the number of violent criminals at work in your neighborhood.

Number 2 Heh, like I'd not agree with that.

Now, one thing I'm looking for:

Where the hell is that pic of Tux where it says "Vote Libertarian? I can't find it!

Some good merits in that party gore.

"Democrats and Republicans both pissed me off in one way or another"
    Everyone agrees with that statement.

"The Libertarian Party's Solution to America's Crime Problem"

Man sounds like the KGB delivering street justice on the scene.

Gen. Tommy Franks is a registered independent, and he takes some whacks at the Republicans as well as the Democrats. Same here(I), but my conservative values are so hardcore most Republicans here on AO are going to need a migration seminar.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Welcome to the club, Gore.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

I'm a "modified" libertarian. I believe in a maximum of
    liberty for me, other people I'm not too sure about.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Gore...............I shall have to buy you a spell checker for Christmas

You are a "Libertine" NOT a "Libertarian"

Trust uncle Johnno............it is much more fun, and you don't have to know anything about politics, unless your name happens to be Bill Clinton.

Thanks guys

Nihil, a spell checker for Christmas? Hehe, cool.

Now I'm kind of new to this part, but what is the difference between "Libertarian" and "Libertine" ?

I've been reading that page and I think I agree with just about everything they say.

Heh, Rusty, how is it you like me but you're a conservative? Heh, that one is a a bit odd, most people who are all about conservative stuff usually don't like me a hell of a lot.

Hi Gore,

I thought the distinction might amuse................

Libertarian...............someone who believes in free will and is an advocate of liberty.

Libertine...................a free thinker on religion and licentious man.........a man who is allowed to do as he pleases (sex and drugs and rock & roll............and beer, and wine, and straight malt and pernod)

"Uncle Johnno" gave you the best advice mate

Damn, and I always thought that was a hedonist.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    The way to fix the drug problem is really rather easy:-

1. legalize all currently illegal drugs.
    2. Tax the sale of them like they do gas, cigarettes and alcohol.
    3. Put the government in charge of production and distribution.

In this way you ensure that due to the shortage of product and the high taxes only the rich will be able to afford it and they can't get it 'cos the government distribution system will be as screwed up as the system they use for production. If anyone trys producing and distibuting illicit drugs the government will close them down in minutes because they hate competition, the IRS would actually become a useful tool.....

Hmmm.... I think I just solved the problem....

Other than that.... Yeah, I'm pretty much a libertarian in attitudes.... I'm just not a voter here.... And I'm proud of that..... I can;t be blamed for any of the idiots in power.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    The way to fix the drug problem is really rather easy:-

1. legalize all currently illegal drugs.
    2. Tax the sale of them like they do gas, cigarettes and alcohol.
    3. Put the government in charge of production and distribution.

In this way you ensure that due to the shortage of product and the high taxes only the rich will be able to afford it and they can't get it 'cos the government distribution system will be as screwed up as the system they use for production. If anyone trys producing and distibuting illicit drugs the government will close them down in minutes because they hate competition, the IRS would actually become a useful tool.....

Hmmm.... I think I just solved the problem....

Other than that.... Yeah, I'm pretty much a libertarian in attitudes.... I'm just not a voter here.... And I'm proud of that..... I can;t be blamed for any of the idiots in power.....
    Or thanked for them being taken from power.

The rich being the only ones who can buy is half the problem. the crime rate needs to drop in this country, and legalizing is half the battle. It's not like the plants that have these drugs in them are hard to grow or take care of.

****, I could put a field of Poppies in my back field with no real problem. The fact that they are easy to mass produce would meen lower prices to the consumer, and it's not like someone is going to come back in your store saying "Yes, this stuff just didn't get me high, I'd like a refund".

I should be in business, I know how to pelase a customer

I agree with taxing them though. I'm against them being banned, but legalizing and taxing them, that would make A LOT of money come in for the GOVT that they could use for REAL problems. The only real drug problem is scoring real good drugs.