August 8th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Now I don't know how up-to-date it is but seems to have a fair amount of "stuff" included, some of which I haven't seen before. And it's interesting that it's based on the Debian distro.
So has anyone used this before?
Featured software on the Operator 3.3 CD
* Debian based Linux Installation
* Linux-Kernel 2.4.25
* KDE V3.2.2-1
* wine Windows Emulator (Binary Emulator)
* Konqueror and Mozilla Firebird Web Browsers
* Koffice which includes korganizer, kword, kspread and more
* X Multimedia System (xmms) an MPEG-video, MP3
* Internet connection software kppp,pppoeconf (DSL)
* utilities for data recovery and system repairs, even for other operating systems
* network and security analysis tools for network administrators
* many programming languages, development tools
* in total more than 900 installed software packages with over 2000 executable user programs and utilities
* 100+ Unix/Windows Exploits and Tools ready to run
August 8th, 2004, 01:42 PM
No not seen this before, looks interesting, i may give it ago. I like my live version of Knoppix std.
Be interested to here if anyone has used it and how it compares. Think i'll have a look through their forum, thanks MsM.
What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry
August 9th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Hopefully the installer that comes with Sarge will be better, I like Debian but the current installer could be better. I wonder if the HD install of Knoppix works any better now? Last I gave it a shot; “apt-get upgrade” hosed the system when you used it.
August 9th, 2004, 08:16 AM
irongeek, i think debian just today came out with a brand new improved installer. never heard of that stuff msmittens, sounds just like a knoppix cd or a DSL (damn small linux, 48mb) but with just exploits and scripts ready to go. wonder how big it is. i've been wanted to try damn small linux on my 256mb sandisk but i read that usbsticks have so many writes to them till they go bad, so i dont really wanna do it now since id be shortning the life span of it x500.