Second-Thought Adware Trojan.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second-Thought Adware Trojan.

Second-Thought Adware Trojan.

I scanned my computer using Spy Sweeper, i found a trojan adware called Second-Thought, Spy Sweeper said it deleted it, but i did another search and it was still there. I used the manual way to take it off, but i couldnt find any of the files that it told me to delete. I also scanned my computer with spy-bot but it didnt find anything, so did my anti-virus software.
    And everything was up-to-date.
    Thanks in advance.

I suggest you run it in safe mode. Press F8 before windows boots. Also try Ad-Aware, and housecall.trendmicro.com's online scanner.

Did you go to Add/Remove programs and remove it from there?? That would be the easiest.

Maybe try the uninstaller provided by them?

www.2nd-thought.com/uninstall.html

but i couldnt find any of the files that it told me to delete.
    Then you most likely deleted it, maybe the search just recognizes some settings or registry entries and "thinks" it's still there.

You did all scans, Updated AV, Spybit etc, u should be clean.

Try the Trojan Remover http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...RSS,RSS,00.asp

if he doesnt find anything, your clean !

Originally posted here by groovicus
    Did you go to Add/Remove programs and remove it from there?? That would be the easiest.

Maybe try the uninstaller provided by them?

www.2nd-thought.com/uninstall.html
    So you're saying the creator of the trojan provides an unintaller? That sounds fishy.

NewDotnet does it also, as does Lop.com, Blazefind, and a few others. Yeah, it sounds kind of fishy, but it's often easier to do that than try and rip it out of the registry... even though they are pushing Adaware, some of them are actually somewhat decent about it.

Add/Remove programs usually works best. Everybody gets in uch a big hurry to throw software at the problem that it gets forgotten.

ViralxX: How? I know plenty of trojan's and trojan creator's who decide to include an uninstaller. But those are the one's (and those are the people) who aren't installing a server/virus in the client or something along those lines.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Originally posted here by Spyder32
    ViralxX: How? I know plenty of trojan's and trojan creator's who decide to include an uninstaller. But those are the one's (and those are the people) who aren't installing a server/virus in the client or something along those lines.
    Ah, I see what you're saying. It seemed fishy at the moment why they would make a trojan just for a disgruntled user to uninstall. But I forgot that people use trojans for servers also.

Regal Making Handler
    It's not a trojan in the same sence as sub7 for instance. Its adaware, to have been infected with it you would have had to install the program manualy. If you don't want to use the uninstaller that Groovicus linked you to, which would be the easiest way to get rid of it. You can follow the instructions to manualy uninstall it from the link below.

http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/a...ndthought.html
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Well, it's unlikely they would use it as server's but that also could be a scenario. I was mostly just thinking that the creator would add one simply to let the person uninstall the application. Every legit program has one, so why not (I guess)?
    Space For Rent.. =]