Thread: Hi Webmasters! Help

Hi Webmasters! Help

Hi all,
    Can some of you intro some free web hosting sites to me? i need free web hosting with ftp.
    I know this topic may have been repeated but i still cant find any good web hosting sites
    I need to get a free hosting site to learn more about php....thanks all in advance

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Actually, the BuildToLearn community might be a good place to start. It has an existing community of individuals who have created websites using PHP and MySQL (I believe you get a DB) along with free hosting (there are limits of course but IIRC they weren't bad).

HTH
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks MsMitten It is a great forum. Oh ya i also need to know what tools you guys are using eg: ftp software? I am currently learning mandrake 10 and most of time running win xp pro.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Heh.. I'm a bit old fashioned. I use the command-line ftp command. Alternatively, when I'm in Windows WS-FTP is the fairly common tool. Although I tend to use ssh and it's file transfering options. When I'm in Slack (which is most of the time) I tend to use GFTP.

For my PHP coding, I use vi or notepad. On rare occassion I'll use Quanta.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

FileZilla is a great piece of FTP software for Windows. It's free and open source as well.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    I have to 2nd the recommendation of Filezilla for Windows. Not only does it support FTP, but also SFTP (which means your host has to support SSH to use it) so you don’t have to pass your password as plain text across the internet/un-trusted LANs.