Thread: gore's tutorial goes mainstream

gore's tutorial goes mainstream

Congratulation gore for your tutorial "Basics for SUSE Linux" going mainstream.

http://www.enterpriseitplanet.com/se...le.php/3391311

Holy ****!!! Thanks!!!

That was a complete shock for me. I didn't think the stuff I wrote was good enough really, but thanks guys! I feel appreciated. Heh, shoould get some more fo that done for section two.

Yay gore, your a freakin' celebrity!! Seriously though, congrats man.. that was a good article.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Thanks

It was my first security tutorial and I was thinking man, I hope this is good enough, I'm doing multiple sections for it but still, I hope it's good enough, and now I guess it is, Heh =)

Gore,

Well I don't dabble in politics so I don't know about that Libertarian stuff, but I thought you were a SuSEitarian all this time! Now the world knows as well.

Congrats!
    Connection refused, try again later.

I want to thank everyone for the kindness. It's kind of nice getting noticed like that. Currently I'm writing yet another tutorial to go with my OS paper. This one is also different from my usual, in that in this I'm showing how to install, and dual boot with, SUSE Linux 9.1, and Windows XP.

so far I'm up to the section of setting up XP after the main part of the installation is finished.

after that I'm going to show how to get the dual boot part going, then show my SUSE Linux installation tutorial, then show how to finish it up and get XP going.

I do sometimes borrow from one of my tutorials to add to another. For example, I don't think I need to re-write my SUSE Linux installation tutorial for 9.1 when I already have one, so I'll copy and paste most of that into this one, and then add to it how to dual boot, and how to set up and secure Windows XP. Well, a BASIC securing of XP. I'm not going to elaborate, that can be a seperate help altogether. Besides, Pooh Sun Tzu is probably the best for Windows XP, other than TheHorse13, who could secure a toilet paper roll if you have him a keyboard that would hook up to it.

Anyway, thank you all again, and thank you Jupiter Media, you've always been nice to me, and Intmon is not only an admin here, but a good friend of mine I enjoy talking to. Thank you whoever decided to put my tutorial up, I can't say thanks enough. It's great having something published.

Now, I'm going to get back to my tutorial so I can get it up tonight. (Yea, I opened myself up on that one, but that's OK, )

After I get it up, LOL OK I can't even type it without laughing, so anyway, after I finish this tutorial and post it, comments, are as always, appreciated.

Cool

I have referred people to your install links time after time especially the slack one. Good job hollywood! People are waiting for the OpendBSD one.

Good Job gore....Be proud of yourself man.