new forum

"Addicted Seniors"

Requirments:
    1 year of membership
    300 security or computer related posts

or

2 years membership
    200 security or computer related posts

No minimum AP B.S. because ultimately APs have nothing to do with your knowledge of security or computers. Neither does OVERALL post count....you can post in nothing but GCC or Cosmos and get addicts access. That's all well and good, but it would be nice for the folks who are SERIOUS about sharing knowledge to have a place to call their own.

Why?

I love the addicts forum, but to be honest it's a troll magnet anymore. As I said above, it takes no KNOWLEDGE to become an addict. In regards to it being a "forum for those who do not make meaningless posts" it has failed miserably. I love some of the discussions, but it isn't what it was intended to be. Since changing the requirements seems to be out of the question, the obvious solution is the creation of a new forum that can live up to what "addicts" was originally meant to be.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Elite Hacker
    I'm not sure if I can mod it. I have sort of a tight schedule right now, but I'll try my best to free up some time. Peace.

I'm sorry, would be cool and all, and i know my opinion doesnt count that much anymore ?But what kind of threads would go there ? I still think that knowledge, no matter what knowledge, should be available to everyone. But if you guys think that people have to earn their way to read something good, and be here 1 year to finaly read outdated threads in the Senior Addicts forum, then so be it !

You have my vote and support on this allen I believe it should be done the requirements are not too high and they are not too low.

Hey Hey,

Why was it that when I brought this up 6 months ago it was a horrid idea? That I was attacked and berated for the idea... but now it's suddenly a great idea? I was told to start a Conference Room because they wouldn't give us a new site... We all saw how shitty the Conference Room software is and how horrid of an idea that is.. but that was all they'd give me.. Let's face it... regardless of how many little changes they've made to AO between JupM and the Mods they really don't care about this site... they care about lining their pockets and giving us another forum won't help them line their pockets...

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

HT I must of missed your post on this suggestion if I had seen it I would of given it a yes vote.
    The topic has been brought up again so maybe this time it will be implemented.

I hadn't read HTRegz thread either, or at least I can't remember. I think this is a great idea.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Let's face it... regardless of how many little changes they've made to AO between JupM and the Mods they really don't care about this site... they care about lining their pockets and giving us another forum won't help them line their pockets...
    HT. I don't appreciate this comment and feel that it's inappropriate. It's not true. If JUPM didn't care, why would they make changes that were possible? Why would they invest into upgrades? (And they have done them).

In addition, the mods do care. You're not the only one that cares about the community. That's not something that you have sole ownership on. Personally, I do care about the community and the individuals that make it up.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

MsMittens, while they do perform upgrades that is only to keep the members happy. They want to avoid interesting people leaving this place. If AO becomes dead they don't earn any money from all those banners and stuff anymore which they want to avoid.

The mods work is appreciated, because they (you) care to keep the forum from becoming filled with crap/lamers/... the reason is completely different from JUPM.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Hey Hey,

If I offended you MsM.. then I apologize, maybe you do care, but as a moderator and a member you view still ends up skewed at times... As far as JupM.. like el-half said.. they're trying to make money.. doesn't mean they care.

Anyways.... I decided to dig up the thread I posted.. which was actually quite a while ago.. so that people could read it... http://www.antionline.com/showthread...z&pagenumber=1

Enjoy! and as always,

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".