Thread: totally removing spyware dll

Lightbulb totally removing spyware dll

Hi all,

i recently run ad-aware, found a spyware (bridge.dll), then i remove it. After that, each time i start the windows, there is a warning "Cannot find bridge.dll location c:\windows\downloaded program files\bridge.dll", it run as rundll startup items...

i solved the problem by editing the msconfig and then uncheck the bridge.dll... startup again, then it wont popup again.. but it still reside in the startup list in msconfig (only unchecked).. the question here, are there anyway to permenantly remove it from the startup list?

thanx..

Once you've finished backing up the Registry, select Start, Run, enter regedit, and press Enter. Navigating the left pane of the Registry Editor as if it were Windows Explorer, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-. Note the hyphen (-) at the end of the address (believe me, you do not want to go to \CurrentVersion\Run). Once there, you can delete any listing in the right pane.

You may be able to identify several other unchecked start-up items in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\

RunServices-. Once again, note that final hyphen.

If you're using Windows XP, there's one more place that you can look. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder. This time, however, don't bother with the right pane. Instead, look for keys (the Registry term for folders) below startupfolder in the left pane.

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article...17,pg,4,00.asp

i tried the bold part, when you find a registry key/value like AmericaOnline.inc or whetver, just delete the whole value and it should be deleted from the list, worked for me.

Good luck !

you can also use 'starter' from codestuff to remove startup objects and services
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/codestuff/
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

Its much easier to do this:

Use Notepad, create new file and write or copy/paste the text you see between the lines:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run]
    "RunDLL"=-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save the file as: unbridge.reg

Close notepad. double-click unbridge.reg and accept the change.

Once this is done you should be able to reboot without the message for the missing Bridge.dll.

What the hell is you guys's problem ? Read the whole damn post !

Its much easier to do this:

Use Notepad, create new file and write or copy/paste the text you see between the lines:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run]
    "RunDLL"=-

Save the file as: unbridge.reg

Close notepad. double-click unbridge.reg and accept the change.

Once this is done you should be able to reboot without the message for the missing Bridge.dll.
    For that he said :

"Cannot find bridge.dll location c:\windows\downloaded program files\bridge.dll", it run as rundll startup items...

i solved the problem by editing the msconfig and then uncheck the bridge.dll...
    And for your post groovicus, he said at the beginning,

i recently run ad-aware, found a spyware (bridge.dll), then i remove it.
    His question was, how does he remove something from the msconfig startup list, ad-aware DOESN'T do that.

Yeah neg me for being correct nokia....that's really mature ! Next time help somebody and don't post **** not related to the whole thread !

Banned
    Moved to Spyware, posting in the right forum guarantee's better answers cyclops as people interested in certain topics tend to look only in certain forums, just a tip.

What the hell is you guys's problem ? Read the whole damn post !
    Thank you for saying what has needed to be said for a LONG time now.

Thanks all, i did the DreamDown winxp regedit, it worked.. it is so annoying when u see leftovers from any spyware..

Maybe i should go into register editing and master it , it seems powerful..