Thread: Cell Phone Trojan (Mosquito Dialer Trojan)

Cell Phone Trojan (Mosquito Dialer Trojan)

Hey Hey,

I occasionally get emails from InformIT.com.... they usually aren't anything special, but I always give them a quick once over. This time however, one of the links caught my attention.

http://www.informit.com/articles/art...27994&seqNum=1
    The summer of 2003 brought a new wave of a deadly, mosquito-borne viruses. This summer, a new Mosquito-borne infection arrived. But it didn't attack humans. Rather, it infected cellular phones.

The Symbian operating system powers many cellular phones, and also supports a wide range of third-party applications—including games. Unfortunately, one popular game turned out to have a "cracked" version that was secretly infected with a Trojan horse. The Mosquito dialer Trojan infects the popular game Mosquito with code that secretly messages pay-per-call numbers.
    This is getting kind of scary, I quite often download games to my cell phone for the ride home from work. I have a 45 minute bus ride, and cell phone solitaire and cured my boredom many times.

The article is a very interesting read, and looks over identifying the abusive code and prevention and protection against it. Anyways... thought you all might enjoy it.

Peace,
    HT

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    umm..lol. shows what happens when you start to use web based programming languages in cell phones. Thats why I still have a phone with a green display..

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=259921
    check out the link give ,got some news and some comments in the same topic

umm..lol. shows what happens when you start to use web based programming languages in cell phones. Thats why I still have a phone with a green display..
    Thats not any safer. SMS bombing is quite effective againts older phones.