Thread: look2me , spotresult :(

look2me , spotresult :(

hi
    am new to this site and am not good in computers
    whenever i open my browser i get this 2 pages always www.look2me.com and spotresult.com .. this spyware really made me crazy is there any one interested to give me an idea how to get rid of it ..
    regards

Hello,

seems your browser has been hijacked. You should download CW-Shredder and give it a try.

You can download it at http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html

Also you could try Adaware, just google for it.

Bugs come in through open Windows.

Or you could just give a link and actually be helpful:

Download the latest versions here:
    Adaware

You don't have a CWS infection, so don't bother. You have a VX2 infection (aka look2me). Adaware has a plug in that should fix this:
    http://updates.ls-servers.com/plvx2cleaner.exe

Once you install Adaware and the plug-in, you need to boot into safe mode.

Run Adaware with the following options:

[list][*]Configure Ad-aware[list][*]Click on the Gear-shaped icon at the top to open the Settings window.[*]All of the following settings I mention should be enabled (green checkmark). Some settings cannot be enabled in certain versions of Windows. If a setting I mention is grey and can't be enabled, skip it.[*]General Settings - Automatically save log-file, Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal, and Safe Mode (always request confirmation)[*]Scanning Settings
    [list][*]Scan Within Archives[*]Click on 'Click here to select drives + folders' and check next to each hard drive then hit ok.[*]Scan Active Processes[*]Scan Registry[*]Deep Scan Registry[*]Scan my IE favorites for banned URL’s[*]Scan my Hosts file
    [*]Advanced Settings - Enable all four options under 'Log-file Detail level'[*]Tweak Settings
    • Under 'Scanning Engine' - Enable 'Unload recognized processes during scanning', 'Include basic Ad-aware settings in logfile', and 'Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile'
    • Under ‘Cleaning Engine’ - Enable 'Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot'
    • Click Proceed
    • Click on the 'Start' button in the lower right.
    • Select 'Use custom scanning options', enable 'Activate in-depth scanning', and click Next. The scan will take several minutes to complete. When the scan is complete click Next.
    • Right click on the list of items and click 'Select all items' then click Next. Press Yes to confirm. The detected items are now quarantined.
    • Close Ad-aware
    ==========================

Then run the plugin. The plug-in will alter the VX2 adware so that it can be cleaned properly.

Then run Adaware again.

Reboot.

You may have to post a HJT log if it doesn't work. Sometimes things get caught in temp files and such, and they have to be removed manually. IF you need it HJT is here:
    http://www.downloads.subratam.org/hijackthis.zip

Please do not remove anything until someone that actually know what they are doing comes along to help . You can severely damage your system, and render in unusable

And if he knew how type in " www.look2me.com removal" (no brainer) in google and hit the enter key, we woudn't need bothering with this in the first place !

Looks like problem solved, but if Ad-aware doesn't get rid of it, you can try Spybot S&D. I use both, and they find things that the other doesn't literally all the time....almost every time I decide to run both. You can read about it and download it here - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html

thanx alot guys ..
    all try doing wht u say .. i hope it works .. have good day

Above all those programs, ever tried using a specialized tool for Look2me?

There's one at Merijn, and that website.
    Tell me if you think I\'m spamming or doing something stupid, please.

The specialized tool is nice, but it takesa little more user input. There are also two variations of it..one is polymorphic. It also updates itself periodically...

It's still a helpful tool though