Thread: Chase Cc-alert Regarding Fraudulent E-mail

Chase Cc-alert Regarding Fraudulent E-mail

Here's another Phishing attempt againts Chase Credit Card's Customers.

Fraudulent Screen and Emails

Recently our customers reported receiving a fraudulent screen attempting to trick them to provide personal information. Other customers have reported receiving fraudulent emails.

Fraudulent Screen

A few of our customers have reported seeing a screen similar to the one below when they log into Chase Online.This screen is a result of a Trojan horse program (Download.Ject, which is also known as JS.Scob.Trojan, Scob, and JS.Toofeer) which places code on your PC in order to obtain information about your accounts. This information can be used to perpetrate identity theft or compromise your existing accounts at Chase or elsewhere. Please do not enter any information onto this screen. Please notify Chase immediately at one of the numbers below.

Fraudulent Emails

These e-mails either contain a virus as an attachment, request personal information, or direct the recipient to a site, which appears authentic but is an unauthorized counterfeit website. If this information is submitted, it can then be used to perpetrate Identity Theft or compromise existing accounts at Chase or elsewhere.

> See Fraudulent E-mail Examples (Last updated April 27, 2004)

Important Reminder:
    Chase does not send out e-mails requesting personal information. If you receive a e-mail requesting such information, do not respond. If you have already responded, notify us immediately.

If you need to contact us through the Internet, you may do so through our secure website by logging into Chase OnlineSM and using the Message Center.

For additional information on ways to protect your Chase accounts and personal information, or if you feel that you were a victim of a fraudulent e-mail purporting to be from Chase, visit the Protect Your Identity & Accounts section for a free Chase Identity Theft kit. You can also call the FTC toll-free at 1-(877) IDTHEFT (438-4338) or you can go to the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) consumer website at www.consumer.gov/idtheft.* You can also find more information on how to protect yourself from this Trojan Horse or remove it from your PC can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/security/in...load_ject.mspx or at the web site of the company which makes your anti-virus software.

If you suspect suspicious activity on your account, please notify Chase immediately at one of the numbers below.

Chase Deposit Customers:
    1-800-981-8359
    If you are contacting us from outside of the United States please call Customer Service at 1-713-262-3300.

Chase Personal Financial Services Clients:
    Personal Line: 1-800-216-2700

Chase Credit Cards:
    Personal: 1-800-551-1476
    Business: 1-800-628-4882

Chase Mortgages:
    1-800-848-9136

Chase Auto Finance:
    Retail/Loans: 1-800-336-6675
    Auto Leases: 1-800-227-5151

Small Business Customers:
    1-800-CHASE38 (1-800-242-7338

If you are a chase customer, make sure you follow those simple guidelines and most importantly, use common sense. If you have any more questions about phishing, AO has a wide range of tutorials and guides on how to prevent phishing. If you believe you have been phished, at the bottom of THIS GUIDE! there are the phone numbers of the 3 major Credit bureaus.

o Immediately contact your financial institution.
    o Contact the three major credit bureaus and request that a fraud alert be placed on your credit report. The credit bureaus and phone numbers are: Equifax, 1-800-525-6285 ; Experian, 1-888-397-3742; and TransUnion, 1-800-680-7289.
    o File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.ftc.gov or 1-877-382-4357

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Have you sent this off to AntiPhishing Workgroup?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Ninja Code Monkey
    I've been seeing these spammed to my domain for the last couple of weeks. Before that was usbank and today they started with wells fargo.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

No MSM- I have not done that. I'm pretty sure CHASE is already a step ahead of me on passing this information over. This was provided by CHASE itself to their customers. I'm just passing it along to those who might have not read it yet. Its easy to miss these warnings from them because they're blended in with all the other information on the site.