Kiwi logging - Need Email Notifications

Thread: Kiwi logging - Need Email Notifications

Question Kiwi logging - Need Email Notifications

I have my Kiwi logging our PIX, jetdirects, email server, back up software, waps, and AV...how do I get it to email me for errors, warnings, and notices???

I have it set up to email me alarms and my email setup works (smtp settings).

Help please!...thanks

kiwi can email you when an alarm is encountered, sort of. it can send an email when it reaches a pre-defined threshold of X number of alarms, so in theory you could set this to 1 if you wanted to get an email with each alarm encountered. however, depending on your environment, the amount of emails would most likely be very overwhelming. i've been using it for some time now and i'd suggest figuring out a good threshold number that you are comfortable with and set kiwi to email you when that threshold is exceeded. at the end of the day kiwi will send you a cumulative statistics report for that day. it will have a breakdown of how many errors, warnings, etc.. and also tell you what hosts sent the most messages to kiwi that day.
    just making some minor adjustments to your system....

It does make more sense to have the statistics emailed at the end of the day and to just review the logs. I will create an archive schedule to seperate each days logs. Thanks