WG update question

Thread: WG update question

WG update question

im about to do an os update on a firebox 3. will i loose all my previously configured settings, dvcp and everything?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

If you do just an update. No !

Can't you just backup/save your config files in another location, then reapply them after you have updated the Firebox - if they don't carry over?
    - Maverick

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    It's a guess but based on experience with WG firebox and Firebox II...... Take it as you will...

The config format for WG Firebox is incompatible with WGII boxes. However the software recignizes this and offers to run a conversion on the old file whenever it encounters an older format file.

Save your config to it's normal location, (program files\watchguard or whatever), and then back it up elsewhere before you do the conversion. Then you should find that if there is a format compatibility it will convert it for you and all will be peachy. When you write the new image to the WG it should ask you if you want to backup the existing image. Do so and the way back if it all goes to rats on you should be obvious......

Hope this helps
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

it was all a done deal within a half hour after this thread started. thats when the work of switching providers for our Ts and all ip related devices began and i couldnt get back to say that. TS that's exactly what happened and every thing went honkey dory. i exported it as a txt file just in case but the only thing that had to be configured again were the pass phrases but thats no thing. had me nervous as i really didn't want to go threw all that work again...phew!

thanks guys
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”