Thread: Microsoft Easter Eggs

Microsoft Easter Eggs

Ever wondered what the programmers at Microsoft put in that C:\WINDOWS directory? Well, mostly, it's just a bunch of DLL's. Now, the \WINDOWS\system32 directory is what i'm talking about. Here are a few little Easter Eggs for you to enjoy .

DrWatson32. Program that handles what your system does(such as crash dump location, etc) when you get the infamous BSOD, explorer crashes on you(again), etc. If you've ever seen explorer crash, you'll notice this process run before explorer comes back. Directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drwtsn32.exe

DrWatson. Windows fault detector. But, it always says "No Faults Detected"... wonder what would happen if we ran it on Windows 95 . Directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drwtsn.exe

ClipBoard. Windows NT ClipBook Viewer(according to description. Any of you vet's mind explaining it?). Directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\clipbrd.exe

Private Character Editor. Allows you to make your own custom characters for Windows fonts(At least, that's what it claims). Directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\eudcedit.exe

Now, some that I don't know what do(Descriptions are as entered in the Properties menu)...

clipsrv.exe. Windows NT DDE Server. Directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\clipsrv.exe

conime.exe... or .com... whatever. Console IME. Directory: C:\WINDOWS\System32\conime.exe

There are more that you ol... well, more experienced Windows users may recognize. Remember, it's allll stored in \system32. Browse around in there, as I know that there's more that you'll end up recognizing. Have fun with these. And remember, if you're beginning to hate Windows again, all you need to do is restart, hold F8, boot into DOS mode, and type: "format c:".
    Tell me if you think I\'m spamming or doing something stupid, please.

Ever tried http://www.eeggs.com/ ?

7267 Easter Eggs collected so far! 54 New in the last two weeks!

They have stuff on all kinds of OS's, software, music, movies etc....

Kamikaze Badger -

Did you find these "eggs" yourself or did you pull them off of a site. If you pulled these off of a site and used them it gives you more credibility with the folk around here at AO. Also, if you post work that isn't yours you will get chewed up and die in horribles flames.

I am not saying to did copy this or not. I am reminding you that if you do post something that you found on the internet it is good and common practice to post the source.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

I found these on my own. If I took them from a site, I would give full credit to them.
    Tell me if you think I\'m spamming or doing something stupid, please.