Hi all, I'm asking if people would please complete an anonymous short online questionnaire on hacking. There are 8 questions and it should take approx. 2 minutes.

About the study: This questionnaire is part of a doctoral study investigating group process and identity in anonymous online communities related to hacking. This study has been reviewed and approved in line with the University’s Research Ethics Code of Practice. The data gathered from this questionnaire will be solely used for academic research.

About the questionnaire: The questionnaire is hosted by Qualtrics.com. The website will record IP addresses but no other information. To help keep your IP address private I would recommend using Tor or a VPN. No identifying information is required or requested. The questionnaire contains a combination of questions and statements. It should take approximately 2 minutes to complete. Submission of the questionnaire will constitute consent, allowing the data given to be used in the study. Please note that in order to withdraw at any time you only need to close the browser page, however, once you have completed and submitted the questionnaire we are not able to remove your anonymised responses from the study. All information will be kept strictly confidential. This questionnaire is entirely anonymous, no identifying data is collected. All data relating to this study will be kept for the duration of this project, until December 2018. Only people aged 16 years and above should complete this questionnaire.

To complete the questionnaire please use this link: https://bournemouthpsych.eu.qualtric...dBcIUgJFnvkSmF

About the researcher: I am a PhD student at Bournemouth University (UK). I have attended various hacking conventions including DEFCON24. I am posting this call for participants across different online forums. My personal stance on hacking is neutral, I support organisations that want to keep the internet neutral (e.g. no mass surveillance, protect free speech, right to privacy and anonymity). In my work I argue that hackers are not the same as cybercriminals, but my focus is on group processes online and identity. If you have any questions or would like further information on this study, please email socscisur@tutanota.com. Thank you.