Page Expired in IE

Thread: Page Expired in IE

Page Expired in IE

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this warning when hitting your Back buttin in IE. Says Page Expired, hit refresh to resend the information. Here at my work, on our POS site, our users can normally hit the back button and go to the last page, and the txt fields would have the data they entered previously. After about a month, they start getting this warning. We use Xp pro, ie6sp1. Most people say that it is the web page code that causes this, but strangly enough, if I delete the users profiles, and re-logon, they can hit the back button again with no problems (for about a month!!!). Does anyone know why this happens at random times? If it starts out working with a fresh profile, why does it not work after time passes? I am just getting tired of re-creating profiles, moving documents etc... to keep my users happy. Any information would be appriciated

Ron Paul: Hope for America

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    I take it your getting the following error:
    Warning: Page has Expired

The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.
    If you have the "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" option enabled try disabling it under tools->Internet Options->Advanced.

It seems it is the computers cache saving an image of whatever they were working on. Clear the cookies and Temp Internet Files and that should clear up your problem. Or simply follow IronGeeks advice

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.