Thread: Just another AOL mind****

Just another AOL mind****

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3176

http://www.aolcheckout.com/aol-pc/aol_01.asp?src=AOLP01

Do you think this system will be able to let user go out of AOL Internet "Sandbox" ? ... will there be a 3rd party browser?
    \"Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination experienced daily by billions of legitimate operators, in every nation, by children being taught mathematical concepts... A graphic representation of data abstracted from banks of every computer in the human system. Unthinkable complexity. Lines of light ranged in the nonspace of the mind, clusters and constellations of data. Like city lights, receding...\"

well i suppose once you buy it you could format it and put whatever you wanted on there ... however you still have to pay the $24/month to AOL

For 299 i'd buy it, format it and build a good system, i mean it is cheap for a 2 Ghz and 256 MB RAM and a 40 Gig HDD...

BANNED
    Do you consider netscape a third party browser? If you do I'm pretty sure it will come with it since AOL owns it. And here's a computer that doesn't have the $24 a month charge for a few dollars more . http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Sku=E400-T2882
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

mind you this is targetting the people that are yet to own a computer .. therefor the people will probably have not much of an idea how to use one .. so they will probably be happy with their AOL computer

so they will probably be happy with their AOL computer
    Then they will become members here and learn that AOL suxors, and they'll install something worth while

that's the point .. they go after computer illiterate and untill someone tells those ppl better they will be w/ AOL for life

i know so many ppl who think that AOL "IS" Internet. Than you have those who have cable or DSL but they are so brainwashed by AOL that they don't know how to use browser and pay EXTRA for AOL
    \"Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination experienced daily by billions of legitimate operators, in every nation, by children being taught mathematical concepts... A graphic representation of data abstracted from banks of every computer in the human system. Unthinkable complexity. Lines of light ranged in the nonspace of the mind, clusters and constellations of data. Like city lights, receding...\"