Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WinMX: Possible Hazard's?

Hoopy Frood
    Originally posted here by SwordFish_13
    .........Does that the KLK++ Installer i have is Valuable now
    Mine's in German or something like that. That's why I switched to WinMX. lol Dang my luck Oh well.
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Originally posted here by xierox
    Mine's in German or something like that. That's why I switched to WinMX. lol Dang my luck Oh well.
    Mine is English Verson

I like Kazza Lite.........it good and easy to use............this was supposed to be the Kaza without the Spywares/Adwares.......and when kazza became illegal............ K Lite ++ was the leagal verson i think...

The authors of Kazaa Lite were concerned about the fact that the Original Kazaa contained unwanted third party software and wanted to be able to use it without that software. So a cleaned up version was made: Kazaa Lite!

Kazaa Lite is not a different program, it's the same program, just without all the additional software. We don't have any source code of the program. That makes is almost impossible to make big changes to the program or add new features. Nevertheless, we did succeed in making big improvements to the program by modifying some of it's machine-code, adding plugins and external utilities.
    Source

I have a question ......does that mean Kazza lite K++ is illegal to use and distribute....i couldn't find anything on this......does anybody know anything regarding this....any info would be appriciated

We no longer distribute Kazaa Lite at the request of Sharman Networks, Ltd. as Kazaa Lite is an illegal, hacked version of Kazaa.
    --Good Luck--

Antionline Herpetologist
    I use a combination of Kazaa Lite and Ares for all my p2p needs. Ares is actually quite nice and spyware free. I also don't get fake files on Ares as I do on Kazaa/KL.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

I buy any album I like after previewing it or if I just flat out love the artist.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hoopy Frood
    I read somewhere once (believe it was News.com) that there was a study done and the people who download music illegally most of the time wouldn't buy the album, even if they didn't have a source to get the music freely. I was unable to find the link or I'd post it.

/edit - bad grammar
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

winmx

I've been using WinMx for quite a while. The only file categories I've ever experienced any security threats would be the ".exe, .zip, .rar" files. Then, your AV program should kick in and remove it.

The tips in previous posts in this thread are excellent. The UI takes some getting used to, but it is an excellent means to find some "impossible-to-find-on-ANY -medium-and-will-NEVER-be-released-on-cd-or-any-other-format" music and/or movies. That's how it all began for me...

Hey, as a musician: I'd rather play for my need to play than for the monetary profit.

WinMx: good choice.
    D

Things worth looking in to:

PeerGuardian - Methlabs

Used this and found it quizzical to say the least. Worked quite effectively though for blocking IP's associated with certain "people".

Methlabs Forums - Forums

I found Methlabs and their links associated with WinMX topics to be valuable. Your opinion may vary.

Leechammer - Leechammer

Never used it, but it seems to be popular among WinMX crowds

**These are just suggestions, use them only if you think they would be beneficial**
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)

Thank you all for the link's, download's, and suggestion's. Right now I'm toying around with WinMX and KaZaa Lite and seeing which I like better and will work out for me. Thanks again!
    Space For Rent.. =]

If you are like I am and are lacking in the "technical skills" department, but at the same time, miss using WinMX, there is a quick, easy and free solution it is called MXPIE. There is no spyware or anything else bundled with it. For those a little more savvy and courageous, there is even a manual option.

So come on back to WinMX, and download to your hearts content. Thanks to these updates, not even the power of the RIAA can stop a network.

IF you have downloaded WinMX and still cannot connect, you can even get personalized realtime help. Just go to this link WinMX Channels Copy the Room name appropriate for your Language and paste it into your WinMX chat screen, then press the Join Button. This works on version 3.53 and up even if you are not connected. It allows you to join into chatrooms set up for you to get immediate help.

Everything you need at the MXPIE Website Free and Spyware free.

I have also found a site for Computer problem that is nice, prompt and VERY helpful. If there is a problem you need an answer to, they can help.

Realtime help available for WinMX 3.53 users having trouble getting connected. Go to WinMX Channels.

We try not to post on threads that have the dates flashing. And for some reason I keep waiting for Monty Hall to come out from behind the curtain. Why does your post sound so much like an a game show or an advertisement?

cheers

edit: ahhhh,

Now I remember! You're the AutumnBreeze that was banned for this same thing!
    Connection refused, try again later.