Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless problem?

Wireless problem?

Hi guys,
    I am having a problem with my centrino Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter, i always got dced and recieved the same error message below. I tired to update my wireless driver to latest version (1.2.1.1) that the manufacter has provided. It seems that my manufacter's driver is not the latest compared to other centrino laptops' wireless drivers. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks in advance

Currently running on win xp pro sp1

The IP address lease 192.168.1.100 for the Network Card with network address 00C09F28151E has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).
    FIREFOX and Sourceforge.net ROX!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Go and look at the DHCP clients list on the WAP itself. This isn't a driver issue since your card is talking to the WAP for it to be able to deny you the DHCP lease. Make sure you have leases available on the WAP then drop to a command prompt on the laptop and type the following:-

ipconfig /release <ENTER>
    ipconfig /renew <ENTER>

and see if that gets you going.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I dont have access to the sch wireless access point...and the problem occurs frequently, doing the renew and release is not the best solution to this problem....

The Iceman Cometh
    Whose network are you trying to access if you don't have access to the access point? The only time I've seen that error myself was when I was playing around with different settings on my access point and banned the MAC address of one of my laptops. Sounds like a similar problem to me. Sounds like someone doesn't want you on the network...

Yep, sounds like you either:
    a) inadvertently applied MAC filtering and didn't include your hw address to the list or
    b) your neighbor caught you using his AP.

The first you should be able to fix easily by accessing the management tools from a box wired to it, The second you can probably fix if you're creative. I'd make sure I was able to kick the neighbors ass though before you try. Because I tell you what....If I saw repated attempts to connect to my ap from one of my neighbors, I'd be knocking on the door wanting to know why. I wouldn't be happy about it either.

have you been able to connect previously? try using a program like link ferret or etherreal to even see if you can connect and intercept packets, only to confirm you have a compatible card. maybe they are using mac filtering or have set a maximum number of allowed IP addresses which is possible. lots of possibilities. more details would be nice. also can you detect the signal stregnth? and does you computer connect and then drop the signal after a few seconds, if it is doing that it means that you are being kicked of by one of the other filters (mac, dhcp limit, ip, etc)
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

It is my school public access points... i got the error even though my signal strength is excellent

What I would do is talk to the administrator he or she would be able to fix the problem once and for all

too bad my sch IT support team sucks.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    too bad my sch IT support team sucks.
    Yeah, it is..... But remember, they were good enough to keep you out...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides