News storys

Thread: News storys

News storys

Seen as a large majoirty of the content on AO tends to be made up of news storys mostly from places like /. and the such like, why doesnt AO have a specific forum for this with a script that gathers these news storys and starts a topic on them.

Seems pointless having people post them here all over the place when im sure a large amount of people have already been to /., the register, wired, etc... before coming to AO to get there morning geek fix.

just a thought

I agree, plus sometimes it's hard to find which forum to put it in if it's a wide ranging article.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Now that's an interesting idea! I'll look into it and see what we can come up with. Of course, I'd also be interested in seeing that "news gathering script," but even if it's manually done it'd be nice.

Didn't JP have a news feed in place at one point? I'm almost positive he did.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Token drunken Irish guy
    He did, I'm not sure of the details but it was popular anyway.

Button Moon
    Would a news Post Board not be a better idea, instead of a News Forum, where people can just posta link to the article with maybe a brief discription of what its about?

You could run into copyright issues if you start copying news from other sites but a link and a discription would keep everyone safe!
    Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system.

a rss feed to syndicate the news would be good to, about the above suggestion, wouldnt that then be more of a blog?
    if you have time be sure to drop my my website at