any free AV for 2kserver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any free AV for 2kserver

Banned

any free AV for 2kserver

My win2kserver machine got down after i freshly install win2kswerver by virus, Is there any free AV fron win 2k server?

If you bought Windows 2k server legally, what is another couple of hundred more for a big name antivirus?

You could always do a web scan though if you dont have the cash.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Just been looking around and it looks like the free antivirus software are not supported for server OS's. If you are a business, buy Norton Corp or some other big name antivirus.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Sure you can always install a Free AV on the server, but
    #1 I wouldn't trust a free AV really to guard the server.

Check out Trend Micro Client/Server security
    The AV installs on the server then it also installs a directory into your IIS web server that lets you connect to the server from anywhere on your netwok https://serverip/officescan then from there you can install the AV on your clients without having to bring a disk across the building, or you can remotely install from the server without having to go the clients, or user Active directory to install it when users log on. Plus it provides central management.

All of the Clients are completely manageable from the server, and at only $22.10 a license from CDW its pretty damn cheap.
    =

Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

One thing to remember about AV software not specifically intended for a SERVER operating
    environment is that a server is more likely to be running services with databases that
    can easily be corrupted when interrogated by AV software.

I have seen problems with SQL databases, mail server databases, and even backup
    software databases.

Just comething to keep in mind.

I agree with CXGJarrod and cheyenne1212. If it's an important server, spend to get good AV. If it's just for play, it's not quite as important. How much is your information worth to you?
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Banned
    This server is for study purpose, not in corporate environment,neither it holds any importand data. I am using this at home.

las time when i install it, it shut down within half an hour with virus attack, i had all the critical update from M$, didn't work.

What I want is use it for hotmail,yahoo and and file sharing on lAN, that'sa it. Since HD is only anout 8GB, i can't even store anythinng in that, It's purely for educational purpose, still nothing is worse than shutting system again after 1 or 2 hrs. It took me like 6 hours to install and update.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Although I agree (to an extent) with the others, here is a free AV scanner that actually works pretty good.
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

To add to chef's post, indeed, Symantec makes a special version for mailservers and the like. I have it running on my Exchange farm as we speak.

--TheHorse13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Banned
    Is there anything like I can remove virus manually, without AV? I have firewall this time though,

1, update fully +
    2.installed firewall

Do i need AV, now?

Banned
    the horse, Does it work on server? I have AVG at pro.