Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Problems

Strange Problems

I have been having very strange problems with my network. At first it was my ethernet card, it just stoped working. i switched them with a card that was working in my toher computer, still nothing. i know this doesnt belong int he wireless sextion but im getting there. well i bought a new wireless card (d link) and it wont do anything either. i installed it liek the manual said. i havent tried new drivers because i know thats not the problem. i can see networks, i can connect to them, but nothing is sent or recived. its not a problem with the other computers, just this one. im runing windows xp home. can anyone help?

is there any hardware conflicts showing up in the device manager?? is the device even showing up in the device manager?? is anything showing up under network connections?? if something is showing up does it say media connected or disconnected?? Is there a wireless network available for you to connect to?? was your ethernet cables plugged in?? did your ethernet cables get pinched??
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

is there any hardware conflicts showing up in the device manager?? is the device even showing up in the device manager?? is anything showing up under network connections?? if something is showing up does it say media connected or disconnected?? Is there a wireless network available for you to connect to?? was your ethernet cables plugged in?? did your ethernet cables get pinched?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Device manager shows no conflicts with anything. it shows up in network connections. it is connected to the network. (my neighbor has a wireless network) the ethernet was pluged in and i have tried several cards and cables. my usb works fine (thats how i ahve to get online)

If u set it up as dynamic ip..
    try static ip.. if it is ok, then check the dynamic ip server for da problems..

how do i do that?

How I do that?

This might be a help,

http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_...ip-win-xp.html

i forget to say,

for da default gateway, subnet mask, and DNS Servers, u can get it by typing "ipconfing /all" in command line at the main computer/your server that connect to the internet.

IP address should be assign with only changing the last number XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.Number

good luck!

I have a computer with 1GB RD Ram and 2.00 GHZ P4, I dont know its using its ram completly. How do I check that?

How do I make it to use the complete ram in Win XP?

Ok i tried it, and it seems to be working better, but i still cant get internet acess. but now the program (winc) is green and liking it.

make sure this..

default gateway set to the computer that connect to da internet,

subnet mask, and DNS Servers, u can get it by typing "ipconfing /all" in command line at the main computer/your server that connect to the internet.