Thread: Emulators are programmed in ???

Emulators are programmed in ???

Hi,
    IS there anyone who can tel me ....that what are emulators programmed in. Alright i'll describe it more bout emultors... Many of you must have played video games like nintendo or sega.

On the net ROMs are provided with same games people use to play on play station or video games.

eXamples on emulators are Gensis, sega...n others.

Also here's a link for downloading games n Emulators.
    www.angelroms.com

So can is it possible for create Emulators in MASM 32 ....i heard it is possible to create emulators using VC++ or NASM
    Currently working on sdome link directories and a brand new programming site. :P will post them soon.

Just Another Geek
    It all depends on the programmer I guess. If s/he is more skilled in assembly s/he will probably write it in assembly. Most of the emulators I've seen have been written in C though.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Can Emulators be written in VB , PHP, Delphi or any other language. I mean do you know any other language in which i can program a Emulator. Any language other than C C++ or ASm.
    Currently working on sdome link directories and a brand new programming site. :P will post them soon.

You could write an emulator in pretty well any language capable of dealing with byte by byte input (most languages). Basically you need documentation on what you are trying to emulate, and a good idea of how to go about writing it.

Here's some links on the subject:
    Links to more links: http://www.uruk.org/emu/main.html
    Emulator Howto: http://fms.komkon.org/EMUL8/HOWTO.html
    More useful info: http://www.atarihq.com/danb/emulation.shtml
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by yuvraj
    Can Emulators be written in VB , PHP, Delphi or any other language. I mean do you know any other language in which i can program a Emulator. Any language other than C C++ or ASm.
    As chsh noted you can pretty much write one in any language you like.
    The reason most are written in C/C++ or assembly is execution speed.
    It's kinda silly if you need a 3GHz machine to get a 1MHz CPU emulation to perform.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.