Thread: "TaskManager"

"TaskManager"

Hey, avery time I hit Task manager, CTRL ALT DELETE, it says TASK MANAGER DISABLED BY ADMINISTAROR. But I am admin.? Can someone help?
    American Air Force = Best in the world

Perhaps it's a virus.

Are all your machines fully patched and have current AV software?

Slarty

Here is one answer I found for you.
    1. Click Start | Run.
    2. Enter gpedit.msc at the command line and click OK. This will open the Group Policy settings window shown in Figure B.
    3. Select User Configuration | Administrative Templates | System | Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options | Remove Task Manager.
    4. Double-click the Remove Task Manager option from the Group Policy menu. You can then disable, enable, or set the policy to Not Configured. Remember: Since the policy in question is called Remove Task Manager, by disabling the policy, you are actually enabling the Task Manager. Disabling or setting this policy to Not Configured should alleviate Main's problem.
    This is from here

Got XP Home - use the registry edit. Here
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

before you solved that problem, you can use my (edited) version of taskmgr.
    check the attachment

Question What is this *edited* version of Task manager?

Lepricaun, I'd like to know a little about what editing you have performed on this before I download. Call me paranoid, but I'd rather be safe.

Would you be good enough to expand a little on how this meets the need of the original poster?

Cheers.
    Tomorrow is another day for yesterdays work!

Re: What is this *edited* version of Task manager?

Originally posted here by Simple Simon
    Lepricaun, I'd like to know a little about what editing you have performed on this before I download. Call me paranoid, but I'd rather be safe.

Would you be good enough to expand a little on how this meets the need of the original poster?

Cheers.
    I agree with simple simon... I'm not going to download your hacked version of task manager until I know what you have done to it...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

The Iceman Cometh
    Have you tried any alternative ways to bring up Task Manager? Try hitting CTRL + SHIFT + ESC and see if you get the same error message. You most likely will, but it's worth a shot. I'm inclined to agree with moxnix that it's a problem with the policy settings on your computer. If you didn't manually change it, it is probably either the result of a virus or something became corrupt in your registry which caused the problem.

AJ

open taskmgr with an hexeditor, scroll down until you find the text DisableTaskmgr.
    the text right after it is an adress to the registry, if you alter this adress to something that doesn't exist, like \polizies\zoftware\ or whatever, and then save it, you have the versions i've attached and the versions which will work even if the rules are set to disable them...

this also works for cmd.exe and regedit.exe

hope this clears things up

Regal Making Handler
    Most people no this, but you can also start Task manager by right clicking on the task bar. A friend of mine cant get at it with Ctrl Alt Del. He can use the above though.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry