Music Forum

View Poll Results: Which browser is you best?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • MS IE

0 0%
  • Netscape Navigator

0 0%
  • FireFox

2 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Forum

Music Forum

I know there are quite a few music lovers on AO, and I am wondering how much (if any) support there would be to have a music forum. I have seen quite a few successful music forums on other computer sites, and they always spike some interesting discussions that you normally wouldn't get to see. I know there are at least a few people who enjoy playing music (er0k, gore, korp, me) and we could talk about various stuff that goes along with it.

What does everyone else think? It is a pretty simple addition, just throwing a new forum on, no special requirements, shoot it could even be a sub forum of GCC for all I care... I just like talking about music...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    C'mon now.....

There's wars all over the site to try to improve it's level of conversation regarding "Computer Security" and you are proposng a music forum.....

Tell me.... Isn't there _anywhere_ on the entire internet that you could go to get more pertinent and subject oriented conversation about music than here?????????

Or should I suggest a fishing forum, or maybe a SCUBA forum.... Hell, lets have an aquarium forum.......

Hey, I know.... Try AOL.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tell me.... Isn't there _anywhere_ on the entire internet that you could go to get more pertinent and subject oriented conversation about music than here?????????
    Nope. Not a single place that I could talk to the other members of AO about music.

Or should I suggest a fishing forum, or maybe a SCUBA forum.... Hell, lets have an aquarium forum.......
    You find 5 or 6 frequent member that want one, go ahead. I would have no problem with it. I might learn something... I'd go for a fishing forum...

Hey, I know.... Try AOL.....
    dud3, meta1 i5 teh sux0r5!!111111

No thank you on that one
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Seriously.... You can't PM like minded AOers to go to a specific place? You gotta be kidding....

Really, this is a computer security site, not a chatroom - though I will admit it has been becoming so in recent months.

If I wanted to chat about SCUBA or whatever and wanted to do it with like minded AOers I would certainly suggest that we meet somewhere else...

What kind of fishing?
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Yea, but what does it cost to throw a sub forum for music on to GCC that is meant for chatting anyways?

Fishing wise I live in the midwest, I fish for channel cat, flathead cat, crappie, bass, trout, and a few other breeds that somehow end up in our lakes and streams.

Afraid I have to agree with Tiger on this. Too many non computer security related forums would detract and not add to this site.

Already we have shifted to include tech support, hardware support, and general computing. If we were to start a music forum, then why not a fishing forum, and a gamers forum. Of course then we would also have to have my personal favorite.....a SEX forum.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I personally prefer ocean fishing, they fight so much harder and on light tackle you can have a ball playing them..... Ever tried fishing for carp on light tackle? Try it, but the cheapest bread in the supermarket, take a bit of the center out of a slice and crush it to dough so it makes a 1/2" ball and stick a hook deep in it and leave the very tip just sticking out. Put it on a running ledger and look for the bubbles that show where they are feeding and cast it in there. BEWARE: Snapping Turtles, (and others), make the same kind of bubbles and will quite happily take the bread.... It's a pain trying to get the hook out and come away with all your fingers if it's a snapper.... If you get a carp..... get ready.... they take off like an express train when they feel the hook.... On light tackle make sure you have at least 250 yards of line....

Look... We started a fishing forum....

Banned
    oh god, from music forum to fishing chat, this really is becoming a chat room ....

use GCC

We've got enough forums already, use GCC or addicts or go to a, erm, music site perhaps?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Yeah, I really don't see a point. I understand what you mean wanting to talk to other music AOers and not just some other joe blow on another forum, but if we go that route we'll overcomplicate the forum structure. It will be a tree with way too many branches.