Nmap-3.55 scanning - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nmap-3.55 scanning

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    drop to a command prompt and type IPCONFIG
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Just as an aside..... Dial-up connects you to a network.... When you dial you are dialling a network....

I never tried it but I have to believe that NMap over dial-up will be _painfully_ slow.... Though logically that might not be as sensible statement as it might appear.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

What really kills the speed of NMAP scans is when devices such as firewalls reside in the path. Ever seen what a Cisco PIX does to the efficiency of an NMAP scan? Heh. You may as well go on vacation and come back to get your results.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

The Prancing Pirate
    Thanks TH13 and Tiger Shark, you two have really helped. After 25 mins the scan on "very verbose" (don't know about timing TH!!) finished and gave me the results. Is that what you meant about timing? Is 25 mins long enough for you Tiger Shark ?!? Thanks TH for the IPCONFIG info. Really helpful. Appreciate both of you.

Yours sincerely ,

J_K9
    TAZForum <---- click

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    25 minutes.... over dial up is probably not unreasonable.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by J_K9
    Thanks TH13 and Tiger Shark, you two have really helped. After 25 mins the scan on "very verbose" (don't know about timing TH!!) finished and gave me the results. Is that what you meant about timing? Is 25 mins long enough for you Tiger Shark ?!? Thanks TH for the IPCONFIG info. Really helpful. Appreciate both of you.

Yours sincerely ,

J_K9
    25 minutes??... doesn't make sense to..me..hmm I used dialup connection at my aunties house..and took me less then 2 minutes to scanned my work place.
    Btw I used nmap on my OpenBSD lappy..and I never tried on windows, but I don't thing that..making any differences (I don't know about XP SP2..well I could be wrong).

Read Nmap tutorial from thehorse13, you will find it here..the best tut nmap I've never read in any websites...
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

..the best tut nmap I've never read in any websites...
    That's because I write all of my own stuff. I would never ever steal other people's work.