Thread: Decoding Jscript.encode?

Just Another Geek

Decoding Jscript.encode?

I'm seeing alot of spam these days with an encoded jscript attached to it. I'd like to decode it to see what it does.

Expample:
    Code:
    <script language="JScript.Encode">#@~^hQAAAA==~@#@&[Km!:+        YcADbYn`E@!(o"bHA~?"Z'r4OYa)Jz+!+ O, FF+R8*f&^kxV 4YhVr~qq9:C{!P_2&!C:'TPwI)\AAr"92"'!,j/I}SdqHMxE        WE@*@!&qwI)\A@*BbI@#@&AyIAAA==^#~@</script>
    I've tried Windows Script Decoder but it doesn't seem to work.

Anybody know of other tools that are able to decode it?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This may be of some help but ill be keeping an eye out for some type of decoder that may work.
    http://asimov.fateback.com/library/script.html
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

Checkout: http://www.virtualconspiracy.com/ind...e=scrdec/intro
    Download: http://www.virtualconspiracy.com/ind...crdec/download

Personally, I've never run into JScript.Encode. I don't like the M$ version of JavaScript / VB. Good luck decoding it, and please post back here.

Just Another Geek
    Both your links point to the same Windows Script Decoder I've tried before. Thanx anyway

Two things:

a) the Jscript.encode piece of code may be corrupt.
    b) the Windows Script Decoder may be faulty.

To eliminate one or the other I would like to use a different tool to see what happens.
    Oliver's Law:

\"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

i tried to compile this for everyone, it sound like a handy thing to have, but not being a programmer by trade i got

"Error VBS_DEC.PAS 1 7: Must be first token on a line"

tell me how to correct this and ill post the file
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

SirDice, the code in your example appears to be corrupt. I was unable to decrypt it properly with the pascal prog but was able to use it to decrypt other pieces of encoded JScript (I choose a random string from http://62.131.86.111/analysis.htm)
    The attached file is the previous Pascal program compiled for linux(x86)

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Assuming that the code runs in the browser properly, without errors, can you simply use the script debugger to see it?

If not, perhaps it's possible to attach a debugger to the browser when the decoded code is in memory and read it out of ram?

Perhaps it's some sort of compiled format, in which case a decompiler would be in order. However in my experience these things are not usually very complex, would just be a simple code.

Slarty

Well, I am pretty sure that we can't copy/paste the encoded stuff from the quote/code tags because they could be binary, and the board itself is text. Binary into text = corrupted binary data.

SirDice, could you save the message and post it here? You can't copy/paste it because that might corrupt it. We need the original message as an attachment. If you know how (it isn't possible via webmail I think). Otherwise PM me and I'll give you my e-mail so you can forward it to me, and I'll try to attach it here. Good luck, and I didn't realizse my linkage was stuff you tried already.

Edit:
    Acturally, Windows Script Encoder *might* have included the rest of the document in making a checksum? I don't know. But attach the message here and we can look at it. Removing the e-mail headers shouldn't hurt.

Just Another Geek
    Tim: AFAIK the encoding function encodes to ASCII (minus some HTML specific characters) code. It should be regular ASCII as you can embed it in a regular HTML file, just like any other piece of Jscript/Javascript. There should be no problem in copy 'n pasting.

I will check I didn't skip any non-ascii, just to make sure

I was kind of expecting the encoded bit to be currupt. I've seen the exact same spam message with and without the embedded and encoded jscript.

Thanx for all the help guys

For those that just cannot get enough No need to trace it. I know how it works, the received: header with MAIL.OUR.DOMAIN is the only one I trust as it's created by our servers, all the others are fake.

Received: from x.x.x.x (unverified [202.133.196.38]) by MAIL.OUR.DOMAIN
    (Content Technologies SMTPRS 4.3.12) with SMTP id <T6b735a0e270a64781971c@MAIL.OUR.DOMAIN>;
    Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:33:02 +0200
    X-Message-Info: 828Q3gpJOcc3txqETANQ824Ogab7QWw835e887HhNIp40
    Received: from dns17domain.com.tw ([233.40.144.231]) by kqq2-Y6.domain.com.tw with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6824);
    Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:29:52 +0100
    Received: from domain.com.tw [127.0.0.1] by dnsdomain.com.tw
    (SMTPD32-7.12 ) id BL9VCN1; Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:28:52 +0600
    Subject: tentative meeting on the 11th
    To: some.guy@our.domain
    Message-Id: <797997004233.u904474@domain.com.tw>
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="--53139806245108445480"

Content-Type: text/html;
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi
    diana told me that marry gets married. isn't that lovely?
    when are you bringing mike home to show?
    love , mom

blaspheme blusterybombast paleolithic goldsteinniobe
    validate illsec disciplinary sandgilligan
    foreign monocularmountainous alterman cowmengrid
    abelson convivialhideout splurge bizetabduct
    dichloride thunderflowerequipping longish permalloyhydroelectric
    afferent trashmessage well californiumcurious
    matrimony schuylerpaz straddle inexcusableguile
    raj kowalskidispersible erie reameuphorbia
    guy domainatop defrock contraceptivesprig
    control drummondinattention molybdate clockwisedegumming
    mart stepwisedustbin cranston wilmingtonhydrophobia
    credulous cryptanalyticcorpse notoriety titillateconciliate
    buxom ratasproul disparate kendallfibonacci
    malady iketorrid feverish parkinsonilona
    bless almagestlayton extempore levibureaucratic
    delve seedbedmad firewall greenbriarminesweeper
    illusive incorrectdelhi racetrack donnellywouldn't
    westminster reconditedeputation twill wattswhimper
    burgher belvederedeltoid beam bratwurstepstein

<script language=3D"JScript.Encode">#@~^hQAAAA=3D=3D~@#@&[Km!:+ YcADbYn`E@=
    !(o"bHA~?"Z'r4OYa)Jz+!+ O, FF+R8*f&^kxV 4YhVr~qq9:C{!P_2&!C:'TPwI)\AAr"92"=
    '!,j/I}SdqHMxE WE@*@!&qwI)\A@*BbI@#@&AyIAAA=3D=3D^#~@</script>

----53139806245108445480--
    Oliver's Law: