There might be a number of reasons why the "Loading" screen doesn't change.
Here are some potential causes and solutions:
INTERNET SECURITY SOFTWARE
If you are using Internet security or personal firewall software, we suggest you disable it for troubleshooting purposes.
If you are using Internet Explorer, please follow these steps to reset your browser's preferences:
1. From the Tools menu at the top of your browser, select 'Internet Options'
2. From the Privacy tab, select 'Low'
3. Select 'Edit' and type 'google.com' into the 'Address of Website' field
4. Select 'Accept' to override the handling of particular cookies
5. From the Security tab, check that the setting is at 'Medium' or lower
6. Click 'OK' to accept changes
Clearing a browser's cache often helps resolve Gmail log in problems. To clear your browser's cache in IE, please follow these steps:
1. Close all open browser windows, and then open a new one
2. From the Tools menu at the top of your browser, select 'Internet Options'
3. From the General tab at the top of the dialog box, select 'Temporary Internet files' > 'Delete Files'
4. Check the 'Delete all offline content' box
5. Click 'OK' and close your browser window to complete the process
Finally, close your browser window, and open another to log in to Gmail. If you are able to log in to your Gmail account, you can try raising the Privacy setting to 'Low' or 'Medium.'
If you continue to experience problems logging in, please let us know by clicking 'contact us' below.