Hoopy Frood
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=261074

You are about a half hour late

You can't beat our news whore!!!
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Computer Forensics
    roughly 75% of that list is port related issues, not "program crashes" issues, although I did find it amusing that the office suite was in that list.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Let us not forget Nmap.

I don't plan on using the MS firewall anyway, so I guess it doesn't affect me to much...
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Hey guys, something odd here. We have some new Dell XP Home laptops here, so I'm trying to test one with SP2. Now here's the odd part. Control Panel --&gt; System shows me at SP1 (of course, haven't updated). AutoUpdate's on, but hasn't done anything. Went to Windows Update, and get prompted the usual Express/Custom install, and then -- no updates available?! Where'd it go?

try this link: http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

They may have dropped v4 already and are in the process of setting v5 up for everyone. You might wait a few minutes and the regular link will work.

Nope, nothing, that's where I was...

Windows update and auto update are not deploying XP SP2 yet, it has been available to developers for about a week on their site and is scheduled to go out on auto update and the update site today last I heard.

SP2 on single machines, due to become widely available from Windows Update today.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08...p_legal_block/

you can download xp sp2 here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

it is the 'IT professional version' basically means it is SP2 for all versions of XP, if you use Windows update you will get the express install, ie. if you have XP home you will only download the update needed for XP home. IT pro version is about 280 Mb and I believe when its on the update site the average download will be about 80 Mb , still quite a chunk for dial-up users though.

Heh, try v4, maybe that will make it work? Just an idea. I just tried on this win2k machine and it worked.