Thread: McAfee Plans to acquire Foundstone

McAfee Plans to acquire Foundstone

http://news.com.com/McAfee+grabs+Fou...l?tag=nefd.top

McAfee plans to acquire digital security company Foundstone for $86 million in cash, in a move to bolster its risk management offerings, the companies said Monday.

Under the deal, security software maker McAfee plans to team up its intrusion prevention technology with Foundstone's vulnerability management software. The acquisition is designed to give McAfee an all-inclusive security offering.

"Chief information security officers need a comprehensive view of where their risks are, and business executives need to understand how those risks can translate into business impact. Foundstone enables both," George Samenuk, McAfee chief executive, said in a statement.

Mission Viejo, Calif.-based Foundstone's technology is designed to find security vulnerabilities and validate security measures that a company is currently taking. The 5-year-old company, which is privately held, has about 400 large corporations in its customer base, including AT&T, McKesson and Motorola.

McAfee expects to close the transaction within the next 60 days.
    This should be VERY interesting to say the least... I just hope foundstone's free tools section stays up
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I just hope foundstone's free tools section stays up
    That depends on whether or not they want to capitalize on the Foundstone name and operating philosophy. My guess is that you will see something like, "FoundStone Security brought to you my McAfee..."

I wouldn't worry about the current tools. There are so many sites serving them up, it would be impossible to prevent you from getting them.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

we are running out of tools. everybody is been acquired by big companies......

and im not talking about free ones..... we need diversity .....
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    I talked with Stuart McClure about what this means for the Foundstone courses, the Hacking Exposed books and the free tools from Foundstone. You can read my article on the purchase here: Foundstone Acquired by McAfee

Awesome. Seems everything will stay the same and only get better from the way they talked.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.